Financing decarbonisation of the freight transport sector
18 February 2020, 9:30 am–5:00 pm
Join the Decarbonising UK Freight Transport network on 18 February 2020 for expert led discussions on enabling greater investment in freight transport decarbonisation.
This event is free.
County HallBelvedere RoadLondonSE1 7GP
This event will consist of panel led and group discussions that will seek to answer questions on the following topics:
- The nature of decisions investors are making today, that have an effect on decarbonisation
- The thresholds and accuracy of evidence that investors need to make decarbonisation-aligned decisions
- The stakeholders that they need to ‘buy in’ to the evidence/knowledge to move forwards
In attendance will be fleet/asset investors, financiers, multilateral development banks, fleet owners and operators, green finance initiatives, government/policy makers.
This is a free catered event, and is followed by a networking reception.
Decarbonising UK Freight Transport
Decarbonising UK Freight Transport is a network of over forty industry and academic partners funded by the UK Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council. The network is exploring the questions that will enable the decarbonisation of energy/propulsion across the road, rail, sea and air freight modes.
Decarbonising UK Freight Transport will collect and distil current knowledge, and identify and de-risk the key remaining research challenges in order to unleash significant freight-decarbonisation targeted investment and guide enabling policy. Its five research themes are:
- Role of data and models
- Investment decisions
- Fuel and propulsion pathways
- Aligning drivers for decarbonisation
- Coupling logistics and decarbonisation