Dr Zhifu Mi
Associate Professor in Climate Change Economics
The Bartlett School of Sustainable Construction
Faculty of the Built Environment
- Joined UCL
- 6th Oct 2017
Topic 1: Carbon footprints.
- Z Mi*, J Zheng, J Meng*, J Ou, K Hubacek, Z Liu, D Coffman, N Stern, S Liang, Y-M Wei*. Economic development and converging household carbon footprints in China. Nature Sustainability. 2020, 3, 529–537.
- Z Mi, J Meng, D Guan*, Y Shan, M Song, YM Wei, Z Liu, K Hubacek. Chinese CO2 emission flows have reversed since the global financial crisis. Nature Communications. 2017, 8, 1712.
Topic 2: Air pollution and health.
- M Romanello, …, Z Mi, …, I Hamilton*. The 2021 Report of the Lancet countdown on health and climate change. Lancet. 2021, 398(10311), 1619-1662.
- L Tang, J Qu, Z Mi*, X Bo*, X Chang, L D Anadon, S Wang, X Xue, S Li, X Wang, X Zhao. Substantial emission reductions from Chinese power plants after the introduction of ultra-low emissions standards. Nature Energy. 2019, 4, 929-938.
- L Chen, S Liang*, M Liu, Y Yi, Z Mi*, Y Zhang, Y Li, J Qi, J Meng, X Tang, H Zhang, Y Tong, W Zhang, X Wang, J Shu*, Z Yang*. Trans-provincial health impacts of atmospheric mercury emissions in China, Nature Communications. 2019, 10, 1484.
Topic 3: Sharing economy.
- Z Mi*, D Coffman*. The sharing economy promotes sustainable societies. Nature Communications. 2019, 10, 1214.
- Y Zhang, Z Mi*. Environmental benefits of bike sharing: A big data-based analysis. Applied Energy. 2018, 220: 296-301.
Topic 4: Climate change integrated assessment model (IAM).
- P Yang, Z Mi*, YF Yao, YF Cao, DM Coffman, LC Liu. Solely economic mitigation strategy suggests upward revision of nationally determined contributions. One Earth. 2021, 4(8): 1150-1162.
- P Yang, YF Yao, Z Mi*, YF Cao, H Liao, BY Yu, QM Liang, DM Coffman, YM Wei*. Social cost of carbon under shared socioeconomic pathways. Global Environmental Change. 2018, 53: 225-32.
- University College London
- Other Postgraduate qualification (including professional), ATQ03 - Recognised by the HEA as a Fellow | 2019
- Beijing Institute of Technology
- Doctorate, Doctor of Philosophy | 2015
- Shandong University
- First Degree, Bachelor of Science | 2010
Dr. Zhifu Mi is an Associate Professor in Climate Change Economics at University College London (UCL). He has published papers in leading journals, such as Lancet, Science Advances, Nature Energy, Nature Food, and Nature Sustainability. He has been leading research grants funded by the EPSRC, Royal Society, and British Council.
He was awarded the 2018 World Sustainability Award for his leading research in the methodological developments and applications of carbon footprint. He was also named in the Forbes '30 Under 30' Europe in recognition of his innovative research in the economics of climate change. In addition, his research was awarded the 2018 Top 50 Earth and Planetary Sciences Articles in Nature Communications, 2017 Best Early Career Articles in Environmental Research Letters, and 2016 Highly Cited Original Papers in Applied Energy.
He is a Co-Editor-in-Chief of Structural Change and Economic Dynamics (IF=2.023) and an Executive Editor of Journal of Cleaner Production (IF=7.246).