BSCPM Doctoral Conference 2018: Reflecting on transformational projects in the built environment
20 September 2018, 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- UCL staff | UCL students
The Bartlett School of Construction and Project Management0203108330
Room G.1222 Gordon StreetLondonWC1H 0QBUnited Kingdom
Reflecting on transformational projects in the built environment
Coordinated by doctoral students from The Bartlett School of Construction and Project Management
Organisations increasingly use project structures to design ways of achieving transformational objectives across the built environment. However, understanding of these temporary structures can be fragmented across neighbouring disciplines.
With current projects such as Crossrail, the Hong-Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge in Southeastern Asia, and New Zealand’s Christchurch Central City Recovery Plan changing the nature of how their cities’ populations exist, this conference will examine the role of project structures in effecting transformational change.
Bartlett academic staff and doctoral students from across the faculty are warmly invited to join us at this one day conference for an interdisciplinary discussion on current perspectives of projects with transformational outcomes. Developing connections across The Bartlett’s diverse research themes, this event will explore new research and identify areas for potential collaboration.
The aim of the BSCPM Doctoral Conference is to provide a forum for Bartlett academic leaders and doctoral to exchange ideas and reflect on potential contributions across common themes in the research of transformational projects.
- Prof D'Maris Coffman, Professor in Economics and Finance of the Built Environment and Director of The Bartlett School of Construction and Project Management
- Prof Hedley Smyth, Professor of Project Enterprises, BSCPM
- Prof Sarah Bell, Professor of Environment Engineering, UCL Institute for Environmental Design and Engineering
- Prof Andrew Edkins, Professor of the Management of Complex Projects, BSCPM and Director of The Bartlett Real Estate Institute
- Prof Raimund Bleischwitz, Chair in Sustainable Global Resources, Head of Department of The Bartlett School of Environment, Energy and Resources
- Dr Adam Dennett, Director of The Bartlett Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis
- Simon Addyman, The Bartlett School of Construction and Project Management
- Dr Aris Pantelias, Senior Lecturer at The Bartlett School of Construction and Project Management
- Dr Michael Grubb, Professor of Energy and Climate Change, The Bartlett School of Environment, Energy and Resources
10:30-12:15 Session 1: Construction and Project Management
12:55-14:25 Session 2: Digital Technologies and Modelling
14:25-14:55 Refreshment break
14:55-16:10 Session 3: Economics and Finance
16:30-17:30 Networking reception
Refreshments and lunch are provided. This is a free event organised by BSCPM PhD students.
About the Speaker