FABRICATE 2020 Tickets Now on Sale
7 November 2019
Early bird tickets are now available for our unique conference exploring the future of digital fabrication at Here East
FABRICATE is a two-day international peer-reviewed conference with a supporting publication on the theme of Digital Fabrication, taking place from 02 – 04 April at UCL at Here East.
Discussing the progressive integration of digital design with manufacturing processes, and its impact on design and making in the 21st century, FABRICATE brings together pioneers in design and making within architecture, construction, engineering, manufacturing, materials technology and computation.
FABRICATE 2020 is co-organised by The Bartlett School of Architecture, Swinburne University of Technology and Cornell University's College of Architecture, Art, and Planning and will be co-chaired by Jane Burry and Jenny Sabin.
Keynote speakers and session chairs have now been confirmed for the conference:
- Keynote speakers
- Meejin Yoon, Dean at Cornell University’s College of Architecture, Art and Planning
- Philip Block, Professor at ETH Zurich/ co-Director of the Block Research Group (BRG)
- Cristiano Ceccato, Director at Zaha Hadid Architects
- Julia Barfield, Director at Marks Barfield Architects with Kai Strehlke, Blumer Lehmann AG Session
- Kathy Velikov, Associate Professor at the University of Michigan Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning/ President of ACADIA
- Wes McGee, Associate Professor in Architecture and Director of the Fabrication and Robotics Lab at the University of Michigan Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning/ Co Founder of Matter Design
- Gilles Retsin, Programme Director of the M.Arch Architectural Design at UCL, The Bartlett School of Architecture
- Areti Markopoulou, Academic Director at IAAC in Barcelona/ Leader of the Advanced Architecture Group
A limited number of Early Bird tickets are available to book via our ticketing office, priced at £395 (Professional Standard rate is £495).
Student tickets are also available to book for all current university students, priced at £75.
All tickets include an invitation to the publication launch on Thursday 02 April and a hard copy of the publication, entrance and participation in both full conference days, Friday 03 April and Saturday 04 April, and an invitation to the closing party. Lunch and light refreshments will be provided on both days of the conference, included in the ticket price.
Find out more
Image: Noosphere, Toronto, 2018, showing expanded shell topologies. Philip Beesley/Waterloo&LASG.