SimAUD Call for Papers: Simulation for Architecture and Urban Design
15 September 2015
SimAUD 2016 is the 7th annual symposium on Simulation for Architecture and Urban Design. The three-day event brings together the brightest researchers and practitioners in the fields of architecture, urban design, urban planning, building science, visualisation and simulation.
Organised by Bartlett MSc Adaptive Architecture and Computation (AAC) course director Sean Hanna, MSc AAC alum Angelos Chronis, Ramtin Attar (Autodesk) and Michela Turrin (TU Delft), this year's symposium will take place at UCL from 16 – 18 May 2016.
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit original contributions for this year's symposium. All submissions are peer-reviewed and considered for selection by the committee. All accepted full papers (8 pages) will be published in the ACM Digital Library. However, all the accepted submissions (both full and short papers) will be published in SimAUD’s proceedings.
SimAUD topics include, but are not limited to:
- Simulation-Based Design Tools and Methods
- Building Comfort and Energy Performance
- Simulation of Occupant Behavior
- Urban-Scale Modeling
- Multidisciplinary Design Optimisation
- Design Agency & Multi-Agent Systems
- Simulation Performance and Scalability
- Intelligent Buildings & Building Lifecycle Management
- Sensor Networks & Building Performance Monitoring
- Interactive Environments
- Responsive Facades
- Robotic Fabrication in Design
- Physics-Based Simulation in Design
- Visualisation of Simulation Data
Research works can be submitted in several categories:
- Full Papers (Archived at the ACM Digital Library)
- Short Papers (Not archived at the ACM Digital Library)
- Posters & Videos (Not archived at the ACM Digital Library)
- Invited Papers (Archived at the ACM Digital Library)
Note: All submissions are published in SimAUD’s Proceedings.
- Abstracts Deadline: 26 September 2015 Note: (Abstract submission is highly encouraged, but it is OPTIONAL to help with the reviewing process)
- Submission Deadline: 22 November 2015
- Acceptance Notification: 20 January 2016
- Camera-ready Due: 20 February 2016
- Conference Presentations: 16 – 18 May 2016
SimAUD is run collaboratively with ACM/SIGSIM and is sponsored by The Society for Modeling and Simulation International.
Visit the SimAUD website for further details