The Bartlett Summer Show is the School of Architecture’s biggest and best-known event, attracting around 10,000 visitors every year.
Over 500 students exhibit an incredible range of inventive, creative and visual work including models, drawings, films, multimedia installations and digital fabrications. Festivities commence with an opening speech by an invited guest in UCL’s iconic Quadrangle.
Exhibition party & speeches
Friday 24 June 2016, 19.00
Main Quadrangle of UCL, Gower St, London WC1E 6BT
Exhibition open to the public
Saturday 25 June – Saturday 9 July 2016
140 Hampstead Road, London, NW1 2BX
Saturday 25 June 2016
140 Hampstead Road, London, NW1 2BX
Opening times 2016
Saturday 25 June, 10.00 – 20.30
Sunday 26 June, 10.00 – 17.30
Monday 27 June, 10.00 – 20.30
Tuesday 28 June, 10.00 – 20.30
Wednesday 29 June, 10.00 – 15.00
Thursday 30 June, 10.00 – 20.30
Friday 1 July, 10.00 – 20.30
Saturday 2 July, 10.00 – 20.30
Sunday 3 July, 10.00 – 17.30
Monday 4 July, 10.00 – 20.30
Tuesday 5 July, 10.00 – 20.30
Wednesday 6 July, 10.00 – 20.30
Thursday 7 July, 15.00 – 20.30
Friday 8 July, 10.00 – 20.30
Saturday 9 July, 10.00 – 20.30
Main Title Supporter: Foster + Partners
Browse the sections below to find out more about the Summer Show.
- 2016 Summer Show Guest Opener: Liz Diller
- Elizabeth Diller is a founding partner of Diller Scofidio + Renfro, an interdisciplinary design studio that spans the fields of architecture, the visual arts, and the performing arts. With her partner Ricardo Scofidio, Diller is the first in the field of architecture to receive the MacArthur Foundation 'genius' award.
Her studio established its identity through independent, theoretical, and self-generated projects before coming to international prominence with two of the most important planning initiatives in New York: the High Line, a public park built on an abandoned elevated railway stretching through the West Side of Manhattan; and the redesign of the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts campus.
In recent years, Diller has been recognised by the Smithsonian Institution with the National Design Award; the National Academy of Design with a Lifetime Achievement Award; and the American Academy of the Arts and Letters with the Brunner Prize. Diller is a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and an International Fellow of the Royal Institute of British Architects.
Diller graduated from the Cooper Union School of Architecture in 1979 and taught at the school from 1981-1990. She is a Professor of Architecture at Princeton University.
- The Bartlett Book
- The Summer Show sees the launch of the annual Bartlett Book, a showcase of student work.
The publication is more than just a yearbook: beautifully designed and highly illustrated, it includes at least one image of every student’s work, each Design Unit’s brief, thesis excerpts and introductory texts by Professors and Programme Leaders.
The publication is sold at events and internationally via Amazon.com and in bookshops throughout the year.
When it goes out of print, the book is published in full online via ISSUU, where it can be browsed for free.
"Outstanding student work printed in superb quality" – Amazon user review
"Excellent ... Truly recommended to anyone interested in architecture!" –Amazon user review
The Summer Show is supported by sponsors and donors from across the Built Environment sector. Past sponsors include Foster+Partners, Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners, AHMM, Laing O’Rourke and iGuzzini. Since 2013 the Show has been part of the London Festival of Architecture, a month-long, city-wide celebration of architectural experimentation, thinking, learning and practice.
Sponsor benefits we can offer include:
- Brand exposure within the gallery space, on marketing material and in the Bartlett Book
- Named recognition online and mentions in our social media
- Opportunities to showcase your products in action
- Access to a high-end crowd of VIPs from over 100 practices and our top students at the annual VIP Private Reception
- Copies of the annual Bartlett Book
- Private tours and receptions led by our Professors and top students
Your support will help us to:
- Deliver a world-class event
- Enable students to showcase their work to the highest possible standards, setting the scene for their future employment
- Strengthen our relationships with partners and the media in a competitive environment
- Promote the built environment sector to a local and international community
Every company has different expectations, and we welcome conversations about tailoring supporter packages.
If you are interested in supporting the Bartlett Summer Show, please contact Vanessa Eyles at The Bartlett School of Architecture.