Summer Show 2020: Stories from The Bartlett
14 September 2020–23 September 2020, 7:30 pm–7:30 pm
Tune in to Instagram for some evening reading on Mondays and Wednesdays during the Summer Show.
The Bartlett School of Architecture
These events will be live-streamed and saved on our Instagram channel.
Listen to current Bartlett students read from their work on architectural history and theory. Each evening session has been expertly curated to share narratives readings with complementary themes.
The readings will be streamed on Instagram Live on our channel, @bartlettarchucl. No registration is required.
You can catch up on previous readings on our IGTV channel.
Monday 14 September, 19:30
'Landscapes of Experience and Memory'
- Wiam Mostefei, 'Architecture in Dystopian Literature'
- Ewa Roztocka, 'Landscape and Monument'
- Benjamin Sykes-Thompson, 'Norfolk Soundscapes'
Wednesday 16 September, 19:30
'Making the Urban'
- Samuel Dodgshon, 'New Town Cumbernauld'
- Joanna Rzewuska, 'Medellin Through Three Perspectives'
Monday 21 September, 19:30
'Race, Culture, Gender, Identity'
- Abazz Shayaam-Smith, 'Fiat building Eritrea, colonisation, modernism and identity'
- Rosy Todd, 'Chora and Gender, Eileen Gray'
- Isaac Simpson, 'Bi-racial identity and hybridity'
Wednesday 23 September, 19:30
- Hoh Gun Choi, 'The Cairn in North America, Vernacular as Disguise'
- Maxime Willing, 'Syncretism in the Sicilian Architectural Tradition'
- More information about The Bartlett Summer Show 2020
- Image: 'An Architecture Between Cultures: The Highland Council,' by Isaac Simpson, Architecture MArch, Y5, PG12, 2020.