Open Crits 2020
18 March 2020, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
This event has been cancelled in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Bartlett School of Architecture02031087337
Rooms G.09, G.10 & G.1222 Gordon StreetLondonWC1H 0QBUnited Kingdom
The Bartlett's annual Open Crits provide an opportunity to see and engage with the latest work being produced by Architecture BSc and Architecture MArch students.
Students in their final year of the school's Architecture BSc (ARB/RIBA Part 1) and Architecture MArch (ARB/RIBA Part 2) programmes present their projects to industry leaders, practitioners and academics, along with their peers and tutors.
All attendees are encouraged to contribute questions and comments after watching each presentation and critique. Visitors to the school will simply need to sign in on arrival at our reception desk and are welcome to join us for one or several crits taking place on the ground floor.
The Open Crits have no influence on a student's final results – they're exploratory, advisory, and ask questions of The Bartlett School of Architecture and its direction just as much as the individuals and their projects.
This year's critics include:
- Holly Black, Journalist
- Sarah Castle, IF_DO
- Dr Ambrose Gillick, Kent University
- Alex Pillen, UCL Anthropology
- David Roberts, The Bartlett
- Dr Fiona Strawbridge, UCL Digital Education
- Negar Mihanyar, Hawkins/Brown
- Naomi Rubbra, Bartlett Alumna
- Finbar Charlson, Bartlett Alumnus
- DaeWha Kang, DaeWha Kang Design
- Nicoletta Michaletos, Cambridge University
- Niall McLaughlin, Niall McLaughlin Architects
- Ana Araujo, Architectural Association
- Alex Butterworth, 6a architects
- Monia De Marchi, Architectural Association
- Jesper Henriksson, Hesselbrand
- Jessica Reynolds, vPPR architects
- Sir Peter Cook, Archigram
- Zoe Laughlin, UCL Institute of Making
- Annabel Brown, The Bartlett
- Matt Ball, David Chipperfield Architects
- Simon Rix, Design and Build Play
Images: Open Crits 2019. Photography by Richard Stonehouse.