European Urban Green Infrastructure Conference 2019 London
9:00 am, 10 April 2019 to 7:00 pm, 11 April 2019
Urban green infrastructure experts and practitioners from across Europe and beyond discuss and celebrate nature-based solutions for climate-adapted, resilient, healthy cities.
UCL at Here EastQueen Elizabeth Olympic ParkLondonE15 2GWUnited Kingdom
This year’s European Urban Green Infrastructure Conference (EUGIC) celebrates working with nature for climate-adapted, resilient, healthy cities in London. It is co-hosted by The Bartlett and Loughborough University at their neighbouring campuses at UCL at Here East in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
This is the third event in a series, following EUGIC 2015 Vienna and EUGIC 2017 Budapest. It will feature leading implementation projects, contributions from city representatives as well as workshops, seminars, exhibitions and debates.
- Key themes
- Collaborative networks to green Europe’s cities
- Governance and policy approaches
- Horizon 2020 Workshops
- Industry Speed Dating – meet the supply chain
- Integrating nature into planning, design and construction
- Urban biodiversity for ecosystem services – cooling the city, managing water, improving air quality
- Finance mechanisms
- Health, happiness and wellbeing
As with previous EUGIC events, 300-400 participants are expected from a wide range of sectors:
- Ecologists, biodiversity and green infrastructure experts
- Cities, municipalities and local authority officers, planners, policy makers and strategists
- Designers, architects, landscape architects and engineers
- Investors, insurers, developers, builders and facilities managers
- Transport, health and wellbeing
- Community groups, NGOs, third sector organisations
- Environmental media and communications
- Academics, researchers and students
The Call for Posters is now open until 11 March for implemented urban green infrastructure projects, concepts, strategies, policies and research. All finalists are automatically entered into the EUGIC 2019 London Awards exhibited at EUGIC with an awards ceremony on 10 April.
Email EUGIC co-founder and organiser Blanche Cameron, with any questions.
If you have any access requirements please let us know by sending us an email or calling 020 3108 7337.