22 March 2017 | 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Wolf D. Prix – Bartlett International Lecture Series
- Christopher Ingold Auditorium, UCL Chemistry Building, 20 Gordon Street, London, WC1H 0AJ
- Open to
- The Bartlett School of Architecture
The Bartlett International Lecture Series is free and open to members of the public. Places are limited so early arrival is recommended.
The Himmelb(l)au Project
Coop Himmelb(l)au has a very specific method of designing. In this lecture, Wolf D. Prix will discuss how this developed from 1968 until today, taking their most recent projects as examples.
- The projects of Coop Himmelb(l)au in 4 minutes.
- The illustration of the philosophy and the design methods which led to projects such as BMW Welt, Dalian International Conference Center, European Central Bank, Musée des Confluences and other recent projects. Pictures, renderings, animation and movies. Music!
Wolf D. Prix
Wolf D. Prix, born in 1942 in Vienna, is co-founder, Design Principal and CEO of COOP HIMMELB(L)AU. He studied architecture at the Vienna University of Technology and the Architectural Association of London, as well as at the Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc) in Los Angeles.
He has taught at institutions including the Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc), Harvard Graduate School of Design, Columbia University, UCLA University of California and Yale School of Architecture. From 2003 to 2012 he was a Vice-Rector and Head of the Institute of Architecture at the University of Applied Arts in Vienna.
Wolf D. Prix is counted among the originators of the deconstructivist architecture movement. COOP HIMMELB(L)AU had its international breakthrough with the invitation to the exhibition ‘Deconstructivist Architecture’ at MoMA New York in 1988. Over the years Wolf D. Prix/ COOP HIMMELB(L)AU has been awarded numerous international architecture awards.
- Part of the Spring 2017 Bartlett International Lecture Series
- Follow us on Twitter: @BartlettArchUCL #bartlettils
- Watch past lectures on Vimeo
The Bartlett International Lecture Series is sponsored by Fletcher Priest Architects
Top image: Museum of Contemporary Art & Planning Exhibition, Shenzhen, China (2007-2016). Photo: © Duccio Malagamba
Photo of Wolf D. Prix: © Zwefo