Student and Registry Services
- About SRS
- Our services
- Governance and committees
- Academic regulations and guidance
- Programme and module admin
- Exams and student assessment
- Student statistics
- Resources for staff
- Resources for students
- Academic Manual
- Parents and Guardians
Other SRS websites
SRS websites for students
Access and Admissions
The Department of Access and Admissions comprises the offices of Widening Participation and UK Undergraduate Recruitment, Undergraduate Admissions and Graduate Admissions. The teams co-ordinate UCL’s central access and outreach work, undertake admissions processing for some undergraduate, all graduate and affiliate applications as well as leading on related strategy and policy development.
For further details about specific staff roles and responsibilities within the department, please see our staff listings.
Access and Admissions are comprised of the following sections. Click the arrows for further details on each section, including specific contact details.
Head of Access: Katy Redfern
The section is primarily responsible for delivering against UCL’s UK undergraduate recruitment and widening participation strategies including the commitments made in UCL’s Access Agreement.
Liaison and Recruitment
Access Manager: Lisa Shappert
- Works with schools & colleges from primary level through to further education. Activities include Masterclasses, summer schools, conferences, open days and school visits.
Academic Skills Team
Access Manager: Lucie March
- Provides a long term engagement programme working with students from Year 7 through to Year 13. Also undertakes intensive support for annual cohort of 100 students throughout Year 12 and 13.
- Administers UCL’s Transition Programme for all new first year students to support them through the first months at UCL.
Evaluation and Support Team
Senior Access Officer: Robin Barrs
- Undertakes evaluation of UCL’s widening participation and undergraduate recruitment work, looking for trends to inform future activity.
- Provides support for the office and for wider UCL colleagues in terms of statistical evidence and market research.
- Maintains the office’s databases and manages its communications plan with schools, colleges and students.
Contact detailsTel: +44 (0)207 679 1365 (Int: 31365) Email: email@example.com Location: Room 20, Second Floor, South Wing, Main Campus
Manager: Sarah West
Undergraduate Admissions leads on policy, strategy development and implementation of all matters relating to the admission of undergraduate students.
The section is responsible for the processing of undergraduate applications received from UCAS for the faculties of Arts & Humanities, Social and Historical Sciences, Mathematical and Physical Sciences and Medical Sciences.
In addition, the section provides support, advice and guidance to all other faculties on matters regarding undergraduate admissions.
Contact detailsEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org Location: Room G11, Ground Floor, South Wing, Main Campus
Manager: Caroline Hayward
Graduate Admissions leads on policy, strategy development and implementation of all matters relating to the admission of graduate students.
The section is responsible for the processing of all graduate and affiliate applications received by UCL. It also provides support, advice and guidance to all departments on matters regarding graduate admissions.
Contact detailsTel: +44 (0)207 679 7381 / 7742 (Int: 37381 / 37742) Email: email@example.com Location: Room G1/G5, Ground Floor, South Wing, Main Campus
Please use the individual team contact details above for telephone and email enquiries.Access and Admissions Student and Registry Services University College London Gower Street London WC1E 6BT