Student and Registry Services
- About SRS
- Our services
- Governance and committees
- Exams and student assessment
- Student statistics
- Resources for staff
- Resources for students
- Academic Manual
- Parents and Guardians
- SRS Student Enquiry Form
- Academic Model Project
- Rees Investigation
Other SRS websites
SRS websites for students
Access and Admissions
The Department of Access and Admissions comprises the offices of Widening Participation and UK Undergraduate Recruitment, Undergraduate Admissions and Graduate Admissions. The teams co-ordinate UCL’s central access and outreach work, undertake admissions processing for some undergraduate, all graduate and affiliate applications as well as leading on related strategy and policy development.
Our staff listings are currently being updates to reflect the recent organisational change.
Access and Admissions are comprised of the following sections. Click the arrows for further details on each section, including specific contact details.
Head of Access: Katy Redfern
The section is primarily responsible for delivering against UCL’s UK undergraduate recruitment and widening participation strategies including the commitments made in UCL’s Access Agreement.
Primary and Secondary Liaison
Access Manager: Alison Home
- The Pre-16 team runs events and programmes for students in Years 7 - 11, and also for families and teachers.
Recruitment and Transition
Access Manager: Caroline Fionda-Dedman
- The Recruitment and Transition Team works with students in years 12 and 13 in secondary schools, sixth form colleges and FE colleges. We also deliver the UCL Transition programme, which provides all first year undergraduates with a mentor from their department.
Communications and Planning
Senior Access Officer: Lucie March
- The Communications and Planning Team coordinates UCL’s attendance at UCAS and HE fairs, and leads on the evaluation and monitoring of Widening Participation and UK Undergraduate Recruitment programmes. The team also supports UCL's academic departments with the development of their own widening participation initiatives, and leads on internal and external communications. The team runs UCL's Y12 Summer School programme, Taster Days and Summer Challenge short courses.
Contact detailsTel: +44 (0)203 108 8271 (Int: 58271) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Location: Floor 7, 1-19 Torrington Place
Manager: Sarah West
Undergraduate Admissions leads on policy, strategy development and implementation of all matters relating to the admission of undergraduate students.
The section is responsible for the processing of undergraduate applications received from UCAS for the faculties of Arts & Humanities, Social and Historical Sciences, Mathematical and Physical Sciences and Medical Sciences.
In addition, the section provides support, advice and guidance to all other faculties on matters regarding undergraduate admissions.
Contact detailsEmail: email@example.com Location: Floor 8, 1-19 Torrington Place
Manager: Caroline Hayward
Graduate Admissions leads on policy, strategy development and implementation of all matters relating to the admission of graduate students.
The section is responsible for the processing of all graduate and affiliate applications received by UCL. It also provides support, advice and guidance to all departments on matters regarding graduate admissions.
Contact detailsTel: +44 (0) 203 108 7288 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Location: Floor 8, 1-19 Torrington Place
Compliance Officer: Joanna Page
Student Immigration Compliance is responsible for:
- providing advice, guidance and information on compliance duties in relation to the Home Office Tier 4 immigration route
- issuing Certificate of Acceptance for Studies for continuing students
Contact detailsTel: +44(0)20 3108 8265 (Int: 58265) Email: email@example.com Location: Student Centre, Chadwick Building
Head: Kevin King
The Student Funding Office administers the main award schemes for prospective and current UCL Students. They also provide support and guidance on money matters for current UCL students.
Key areas include:
- Co-ordination of UCL-wide scholarship and bursary schemes
- Administration of US Federal and private loans
- Providing hardship and needs-based funding
- Providing advice and guidance on student financial welfare matters
- Co-ordination of UCL submissions to external agencies such as Hefce and the SLC
Staff also specialise in particular areas of support; e.g. funding based on undergraduate or postgraduate study, schemes based primarily on financial need, and funding from external agencies.
Contact detailsTel: +44 (0)20 7679 0004 (Int: 30004) Fax: +44 (0)20 7679 2724 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org For US/Canadian loans email: email@example.com Location: Student Centre, Chadwick Building Office Hours Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm for telephone and email enquiries Monday to Friday, 10am–4pm for personal callers
We can help you with any of the issues listed above. The most common enquiries we receive are:
How can I apply for a UCL scholarship or
Please refer to our scholarships page.
Is there any additional financial support
available for current students?
Please refer to the money section of the current students website.
Where can I get help with my US loans
Please refer to our US scholarships page.
Can I speak with someone about my finances
and/or application for funding (e.g. debt advice, issues with the SLC/SFE, need
for emergency short-term loan)?
Yes, support and confidential advice is available by contacting the Student Funding Office
Please use the individual team contact details above for telephone and email enquiries.Access and Admissions Student and Registry Services University College London Gower Street London WC1E 6BT