- Policy strategy
- UCL Policy Commissions
- News and Commentaries
- Policy placements
- Engagement and partnerships
- Research and policy podcasts
- UCL Research & Parliament
- Get involved
- Policy expertise
Our public policy strategy is being taken forward by the Office of the UCL Vice-Provost (Research).
To find out more, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive UCL Public Policy news and our occasional short email newsletter
featuring current activities, upcoming events and briefings.
Follow us on Twitter: @UCLPublicPolicy
Five Radical Ideas for a Better Planning System
Learn more about how planning reforms can benefit communities
Research Influencing Policy
Research and Policy Podcasts
UCL Public Policy
UCL Public Policy is an initiative of the UCL Vice-Provost (Research) which seeks to bring UCL’s academic expertise to bear on pressing public policy challenges by integrating knowledge and evidence from across disciplines to inform policy. It provides an interface for researchers and policymakers, facilitates routes for engagement between research and public policy, supports the translation of research into policy-focused outputs, and promotes dialogue and debate on key public policy questions.
Latest News from UCL Public Policy
- 18th Nov 2015 UCL Public Policy and the Grand Challenge of Global Health co-host an evening lecture by former DfID (CSA), Prof Chris Whitty: Getting science into policy in international development:Faults on both sides? Sign up
- 3rd December, 2015, jointly hosted between The Mile End Institute and UCL
Public Policy as part of their mini-series: Translating knowledge to
expertise: Routes into the policy making process we bring you 'How to advise Parliament?' Sign up
- Read the Wellcome Trust blog from and UCL Public Policy blog from our joint 2015 Science Policy Question Time event.
- UCL postgraduate students or researchers who have been on a policy placement are invited to join the new UCL Public Policy Alumni Network. The network is open to all, regardless of whether the placement was arranged through UCL Public Policy or another scheme.
- UCL digital research facility gets go-ahead. The Government has committed to investing in a new facility at UCL to help policymakers develop ways of evening out the UK’s regional economic divides.
- LAUNCH OF LANDMARK NEW RESEARCH REPORT: 2015 Lancet Commission on Health and Climate Change report launched in London on 23rd June. The report builds upon he ground breaking UCL-Lancet Commission published in 2009 when climate change was first described as the "biggest threat to global health of the 21st century” Read the briefing reports for policy makers here.
- Bartlett dean Alan Penn and Baroness Whitaker, vice-chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Design and Innovation Group (APDIG) Co-Chair an inquiry into the effect design can have on human behaviour. Read more.
- UCL academics make 10 recommendations to NICE on social values
- Update on UCL Policy Commissions: UCL Policy Commission on the Communication of Climate Science Chair Chris Rapley has been performing in his co-written play 2071 at the Royal Court; the UCL Green Economy Policy Commission has seen one of its recommendations taken up in the Liberal Democrat manifesto as well as informing numerous policy discussions. Read more.
- Policy briefings published on Britain and the EU.
- More news
Page last modified on 04 nov 15 19:18