- Prospective Students
- MSc Financial Mathematics
- MSc Mathematical Modelling
- Mathematics MPhil/PhD
- Current Undergraduates
- Current Graduate Students
- Courses & Modules
- Department & Sub-Divisions
- Find Us
- Women In Mathematics
- Athena SWAN
- Staff Intranet
- Research Excellence Framework (REF)
- London School of Geometry and Number Theory (LSGNT)
EPSRC award offers new PhD opportunities in pure mathematics
- PhD Open Afternoon, Wednesday 2 December 2015 - Registration
- Helen Wilson and Adam Townsend publish a paper on 'The Physics of Chocolate Fountains'
There is major interest in the Financial Services Industry to raise the level of mathematics used in banks in applications to pricing, hedging and risk management. This brand new MSc provides students with the skills necessary in mathematics, statistics and computation for a career in this fast developing field.
The emphasis in this new programme is to develop a sense of doing “good science”, where students are encouraged to explore the nature of financial data and to use this as a strong constraint on theoretical modelling.
Page last modified on 06 jun 14 11:05