- Research Excellence Framework (REF)
- London School of Geometry and Number Theory (LSGNT)
EPSRC award offers new PhD opportunities in pure mathematics
- Helen Wilson and Adam Townsend publish a paper on 'The Physics of Chocolate Fountains'
News for Department of Mathematics
Dept News, September 2016
Publication date: 15 September 2016
Many congratulations to the following who have recently had successful PhD vivas:
1. Ashley Whitfield (supervisor Ted Johnson): Nonlinear dynamics of wave packets within the framework of the Ostrovsky equation and its generalisations.
2. Dimitrios Chatzakos (supervisor Yiannis Petridis): Lattice point problems in the hyperbolic plane.
3. Rosemary Penny (co-supervised by Robert Bowles with Dr Noemie Bouhana, Dept. Security and Crime Science): Developing mathematical models of complex social processes: radicalisation and criminality development.
Dept News, June - August 2016
Publication date: 26 August 2016
1. Many congratulations to Olly Southwick (supervised by Ted Johnson and Robb McDonald; ''Coastal flows driven by vorticity'') and Tao Gao (supervised by Jean-Marc Vanden-Broeck; ''Nonlinear flexural-gravity free-surface flows and related gravity-capillary flows'') who have recently passed their PhD vivas.
Professor Claire Carmalt appointed as new Head of Department for Chemistry
Publication date: 11 August 2016
The Faculty is delighted to announce the appointment of
Professor Claire Carmalt as the new Head of Department for UCL
Chemistry. The appointment will be effective as of next academic year
(2016-17). She will be the 18th Head of Department for Chemistry and the
first woman appointed to the position.