Comments, Questions and Suggestions
Please help us to continually improve and develop our services by giving us feedback. Our responses will be displayed below. We also welcome book suggestions. We aim to carry out surveys every other year; the last one was in January 2016 and you can see the full results on our surveys page.
You can give us feedback:
- in person
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by phone: internal 84144 / external 020 7829 8709 or 020 3448 4709
- on our You say/We say noticeboard in the foyer
- by post: Queen Square Library, 23 Queen Square, London, WC1N 3BG, UK (internal box no.74)
Your recent comments
Here are some of the compliments we have received recently in our comments book. Please see our surveys page for further comments.
You can also see interviews with Library users in our video
Suggestions from our recent survey (and our responses) are further down this page.
Library comments book:
- "Amazing place, amazing people, amazing resources. Absolutely my favourite Library in London" IoN staff
- "This Library is a rare gem. So lovely. So peaceful. A place where you can actually think and feel and be creative. The silence is rejuvenating. Please don’t ever take it away…" NHNN staff
- "This is one of the most organised, well set out Libraries I’ve been to. Thank you to the Librarian who showed me around and for the use of it made available to NHNN staff".
- "This is the most calming, respectful, serene library I’ve been to. What’s more, the staff are the most welcoming and friendly. They always greet you, deal with your needs hastily and respectfully and meet any request thrown at them. Thank you for the effort to make this a beautiful place to learn". IoN student
- “Wonderful being shown around the Library and the facilities that you have here. Particularly impressed by the easy switch between the Queen Square Library and UCLH computers. Loved the water fountain too….Very well thought through”. Doctor
- “Best study room UCL offers. Love the comfy chairs as well! Huge desk,
internet connection, your own privacy and space. It’s perfect. And all the
books you need nearby!”
- “very helpful staff. Good selection of resources” – OT
- “Thank you for a fantastic tour and introduction from a truly enthusiastic and valuable librarian” MRes student.
- "I have been coming to this library for 4 years and have never encountered the level of support and service offered here elsewhere. Keep up the good work!" Research postgrad.
1. Could we have Research guidance workshops in departments?
We can visit departments to provide group training on topics covered by our onsite training. Please contact us for further details.
2. The Library needs more computers
||We have tried to achieve a balance between the provision of PC spaces and of study spaces (also in high demand as indicated below). While this is a difficult balance to achieve, our usage monitoring shows that it is very rare for all the PCs to be in use at the same time. Each computer has a sign requesting that Library users only use the library PCs to access Library resources, rather than for email or social activities, which helps us to increase the availability of computers. We also double up network access so each workstation can access both UCL and UCLH networks|
3. More quiet study space
||Our refurbishment in 2010 allowed us to increase the number of study spaces (by a third) and to offer multi-purpose study areas. However, our usage monitoring does show that there are occasions when no seats are available. While this is relatively rare, it is becoming more frequent as we hope that the planned refurbishment of no 7 Queen Square will provide more capacity for study space within the Square.|
4. Improve wifi
||The majority of respondents selecting “wireless access” as a priority are UCLH users, so we will investigate, with UCLH IT, the potential for extending UCLH’s wifi coverage to the library. IoN IT provide a wifi called eduroam within the library and UCLH staff who are registered Library users can request UCL Guest accounts for access to eduroam. We will also review with IoN IT the quality of the eduroam signal. Please let us know if you experience any problems accessing Eduroam.|
5. Extend opening hours
|Unfortunately, extending library opening hours is not currently feasible due to the absence of a security presence at 23 Queen Square and within current library staffing levels. We will continue to monitor and review the situation. Registered library users can also use all the UCL libraries, many of which have longer opening hours: www.ucl.ac.uk/library/opening.shtml|
6. More recent editions and increased remote access to ejournals
||We encourage suggestions for additional resources, please let us know if we don’t have something and we can consider a purchase. Please also let us know if you have problems accessing eresources so that we can offer advice|
7. The Library is too cold.
||Please let us know if you are too hot or too cold, as we can adjust the aircon settings|
8. PubMed linking to UCL ejournals would be fantastic!
||Please see instructions in our user guide on how to set up an SFX@UCL filter: www.ucl.ac.uk/ion/library/documents/Guide_to_Pubmed.pdf|