Participants: This course is for staff with no management or supervisory responsibility, who
may be currently experiencing change in their working life, or who are likely
to experience change in the future. Team Leaders and Managers may wish to attend the OD course Managing Change for Team Leaders and First Time Managers.
The only constant in organisational life at the moment is change. This course looks at how change affects daily life at UCL. Often we have no control over changes but we are expected to rapidly digest them and in many cases help to implement them. Through self-reflection and a range of practical activities we will explore your role in the change process and identify how you can make change a positive experience. We will show you how you can thrive on the unexpected and reach your potential in the 'new world' as well as supporting colleagues.
By the end of this module, you will be able to understand why you react to change the way you do and recognise the importance of differentiating between things you can influence and things you cannot. It is important to be able to demonstrate the importance of a positive approach to any change situation, identify your role in the change process and learn how to make a positive difference. You will also learn about different personalities and their behaviour – about your own personality and those of others.
The objectives of the course are to:
- Understand why you react to change the way you do
- Recognise the importance of differentiating between things you can influence and things you cannot and develop strategies accordingly
- Demonstrate the importance of a positive approach to any change situation
- Identify your role in the change process and learn how to make a positive difference
- Identify ways of finding the energy to manage personal and organisational change effectively
The topics we will cover are:
- Aims and learning outcomes
- Introduction to change
- Causes of change
- The change transition curve
- Behavioural styles
- Differentiating between influence and concern
- Emotional intelligence
- Coping with stress
- Personal action planning
Desktop Learning articles:
Facilitator: Nova Ferguson ...about the facilitator
Date, time and venue:
More dates will be available in the 2014-2015 Academic Year. In the meantime please Register Your Interest by scrolling down the page to How to Book and clicking on the link to the Booking Form. We will then email you when new dates are available.
- Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Patrick Sampson