Participants: This course is for you if you have access to and are authorised to use SiP, usually staffing / departmental administrators, HR and finance staff.
Participants must be authorised and either have access to or in the process of requesting access to SiP. You must also have:
- An understanding of managing electronic files and directories
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and basic knowledge of how to use web browser
- Familiarity with the recruitment and employment administration process at UCL
Service in Partnerships (SiP) is an Oracle based system which enables UCL departments to electronically submit the following forms to the Human Resources and Finance Divisions:
- Appointment Forms
- Change to Appointment Forms
- One-Off Payments
- Leavers Notifications (inclusive of retirement forms)
NOTE: If you only require SiP training for One-Off Payments, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the HR Process Administrative Team will contact you to arrange apropriate training.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
By the end of this session, you will have a fuller understanding of:
- the technology that underpins SiP, screens, fields, lists, system messages, searching and printing
- how to navigate, complete and process the relevant forms for each staff group, financial approval, starters and leavers, changes to employment and the issuing of one-off payments
- copying records, archiving and available reports
- Recruits and manages individuals effectively to create a high performing team
- Manages self and others in accordance with UCL policies and contributes to policy development as appropriate
Prior to attending the session you need to read the document 'Guidance on UCL Contracts of Employment'.
Recruitment and Selection policy
Date, time and venue:
|19 January 2017||1400 - 1700||ISD Training Room B08|
|03 March 2017||1000 - 1300||ISD Training Room B08|
|10 April 2017||1400 - 1700||ISD Training Room B08|
|16 May 2017||1000 - 1300||ISD Training Room B08|
- Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
- £80 for UCL Affiliated / Higher Education Institutions / Charities
- £200 for External Applicants
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Cristina Imbuzan_od
Cancellation: Please note that there has been a change to the cancellation policy. The course cancellation and no show fee is £100 starting from the 2015/16 academic year. This charge is applicable to Organisational Development Courses and supersedes all other information regarding this policy elsewhere on the UCL website and training booking system. Additional charges may be incurred on some courses. Read more about cancellation >>.