Participants: The Organisational Development team will be running three cohorts; one for women working within Professional Services, one for women Researchers and one mixed cohort.
Important Information: Attendance at all sessions is mandatory, so please ensure that you can commit to all dates on the relevant cohort.
The Springboard Women's Development Programme enables women to take more control over their own lives by identifying the clear, practical and realistic steps that they want to take and developing the skills and confidence to take them.
The Springboard Women's Development Programme has been tried and tested in the Higher Education Sector and beyond. It has been successfully used by over 180,000 women world-wide. It's delivered, to great acclaim through a specially trained network of professional trainers.
The programme is specifically designed for women from all backgrounds, ages and stages of their lives. During the programme you will explore your future in a practical way and learn how to develop your potential. You will undertake realistic self-assessment and set challenging goals. Key areas covered include communication skills, assertiveness, self confidence, improving your work/life balance and developing positive skills and attitude. If you want to progress and develop, then this programme is for you.
- assess yourself and identifyour strengths
- communicate more assertively and effectively
- increase your self-confidence and motivation
- present a positive image of yourself and increase your visibility
- identify how to imporve your work/life balance
- set clear personal and or professional goals
- meet others and gain support to make changes
How does the programme work?
There are four key ingredients in the Springboard programme:
- four action-packed one day workshops spread over four months
- a thought-provoking, lively and practical personal workbook
- opportunities to hear from keynote women speakers
- opportunities for networking with other women
Between workshops you will need to work through your workbook which will take approximately 3 hours. The workbook is complemented and supported by the workshops. It is filled with real life examples, practical advice and exercises.
What themes does it cover?
- self assessment
- skills assessment
- identifying your values
- the world about you
- setting goals
- putting yourself across positively
- building your image
Facilitator: Shalrina Alcantara, UCL HR Organisational Development Consultant
Date, time and venue: All workshops run between 10.00 - 16.30.
Please note that we have introduced a course participant fee of £250.
We will also require you to participate in the University's evaluation of the programme by completing questionnaires.
Cohort 1 (Professional Services):
- 21st March 2017: Workshop 1 and Launch
- 26th April 2017: Workshop 2
- 25th May 2017: Workshop 3
- 4th July 2017: Workshop 4
Cohort 2 (Mixed):
- 11th April 2017: Workshop 1 and Launch
- 16th May 2017: Workshop 2
- 15th June 2017: Workshop 3
- 13th July 2017: Workshop 4
Cohort 3 (Researchers):
- 4th May 2017: Workshop 1 and Launch
- 31st May 2017: Workshop 2
- 7th July: Workshop 3
- 3rd August 2017: Workshop 4
How to book:
Attendance at all sessions is mandatory, so please ensure that you can commit to all dates on the relevant cohort.
OD Course Contact: Zara Chaudhry
Cancellation: Please note that there has been a change to the cancellation policy. The course cancellation and no show fee is £100 starting from the 2015/16 academic year. This charge is applicable to Organisational Development Courses and supersedes all other information regarding this policy elsewhere on the UCL website and training booking system. Additional charges may be incurred on some courses. Read more about cancellation >>.