Participants: This course is for you if you are grade 6-8 with leadership or management responsibility, or if you anticipate taking on management responsibility within the coming year.
(This workshop will not include training on how to use FIS. Project Abacus are developing a new training suite which will be available from June 2014. For more information, please go to the Project Abacus website and for information on financial regulations please go to the UCL Finance & Business Affairs website)
Overview: This half-day module will help you to manage your team's, group's, or department's finances.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
This session will enable you to:
- understand how UCL finances work
- monitor your own budgets and complete a forecast
- have an overview and introduction to the new chart of accounts
You may want to supplement this module with project management training.
- Acquires and manages budgets and other resources effectively
- Manages project and other workloads to meet timescales, budgets and deliverables
- Ensures regular review of teaching, research, knowledge transfer, enabling and support activities to maximise effectiveness and impact
Related resources: Desktop Learning topics:
Facilitator: Nicola Arnold, UCL Director of Financial Control & Analysis About the facilitator...
Date, time and venue: Half day workshop
More dates will be available in the 2014-2015 Academic Year. In the meantime please Register Your Interest by scrolling down the page to How to Book and clicking on the link to the Booking Form. We will then email you when new dates are available.
- Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
- £80 for UCL Affiliated / Higher Education Institutions / Charities
- £200 for externals
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Patrick Sampson