This course is for you if you are grade 8-10 with significant leadership or management responsibility.
This one-day module will look at the theories of leadership and we will explore these in a higher education context. You will be invited to look at real scenarios within UCL, where you need to work strategically to develop the activities of your team, division, department, or faculty.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
By the end of this session, you will have a fuller understanding of:
- definitions of leadership
- linking vision with strategy
- creating a strategy for your team, group, department or faculty
- leading creative people
- what can be learnt from outside of the HE sector
- Provides leadership, direction and feedback on team and individual objectives
- Promotes the activities of the team / division / department / faculty both internally and externally as appropriate
Prior to the course, please think about a current strategic leadership challenge that you would like to work on.
Desktop Learning topics:
Facilitator: Professor Sue Dopson, Professor of Organisational Behaviour - Said Business School, University of Oxford About the facilitator ...
Date, time and venue: 1 day workshop
More dates will be available in the 2013-2014 Academic Year. In the meantime please Register Your Interest by scrolling down the page to How to Book and clicking on the link to the Booking Form. We will then email you when new dates are available.
- Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
- £160 for UCL Affiliated / Higher Education Institutions / Charities
- £400 for External Applicants
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Patrick Sampson