Participants: This course is for you if you are grade 8 -10 with significant leadership or management responsibility.
Overview: You will be invited, during this session to critique issues of power and influence within the higher education context. The session will explore personal power and circles of influence and control and how to use these to negotiate effectively at both strategic and operational levels.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
By the end of this session, you will have a fuller understanding of :
- theories of organisational behaviour
- the dynamics of power and influence within the higher education sector
- what constraints and freedoms we have as leaders and managers within our institutional context
- Maintains an awareness of the wider context (UCL wide, national and international as appropriate) and responds accordingly
- Manages relationships with sponsors/funding bodies/collaborators/other faculties or other teams to deliver results
- Participates actively in Departmental, Faculty and UCL wide Committees, Working Parties, Investigatory Panels and other corporate roles as required
Desktop Learning topics:
Facilitator: Professor Sue Dopson, Professor of Organisational Behaviour - Said Business School, University of Oxford About the facilitator ...
Date, time and venue: 1 day workshop
More dates will be available in the 2015-2016 Academic Year. In the meantime please Register Your Interest by scrolling down the page to How to Book and clicking on the link to the Booking Form. We will then email you when new dates are available.
- Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
- £160 for UCL Affiliated / Higher Education Institutions / Charities
- £400 for External Applicants
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Patrick Sampson
Cancellation: Please note that there has been a change to the cancellation policy. The course cancellation and no show fee is £100 starting from the 2015/16 academic year. This charge is applicable to Organisational Development Courses and supersedes all other information regarding this policy elsewhere on the UCL website and training booking system. Additional charges may be incurred on some courses. Read more about cancellation >>.