All staff who have a responsibility to contribute to or write Job Descriptions (JD) and Person Specifications (PS) for recruitment and selection purposes
You must familiarise yourself with the content of the following prior to attending the session. Your understanding of this will be assumed.
This course will enable participants to produce a comphrensive Job Description and Person Specification to support the effective recruitment of individuals to job roles.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
By the end of this session, you will have a good understanding of:
- The context and purpose of Job Descriptions and Person Specifications at UCL
- Collecting the information to create a Job description and Person specification
UCL management competencies addressed:
- Recruits and manages individuals effectively to create a high performing team
- Demonstrates a commitment to (and promotes) equality and diversity ensuring UCL is an inclusive environment in which individuals are respected and unacceptable behaviours challenged
- Manages self and others in accordance with UCL policies and contributes to policy development as appropriate
You may wish to bring with you to the workshop, the details or a draft of a job role that you are currently progressing or your own Job Description and Person Specification to assist with application in the workplace.
See Pre-requisite above for details of the policy documents which you must familiarise yourself with prior to attending this workshop.
Date, time and venue: Half day workshop
We shall arrange dates for this workshop according to demand. To enable us to gauge demand please go to the UCL Training Booking System and Register to your Interest
- Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
- £160 for UCL Affiliated / Higher Education Institutions / Charities
- £400 for External Applicants
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Patrick Sampson