This course is suitable for all managers of research staff who are interested in the Business of Ethics.
This course explores what business ethics means, why it is important and how an individual plays their role in an ethical organisation.
- An ethical evaluation
- An overview of business ethics
- A quick jog through the history of moral philosophy
- moral philosophy defined
- moral philosophy perspectives
- Business ethics - a case study
- Business social responsibility
- the economic dimension
- the legal dimension
- the ethical dimension
- the philanthropic dimension
- The ways of thinking about business ethics
- The pressures on companies to have ethical standards
- The business case for business ethics
- Some of the current issues that organisations are facing
- How organisations put ethical values into practice
- Corporate governance, social responsibility and sustainability
- How to identify and resolve ethical dilemmas
- Return to the case study
Facilitator: Melanie Eusebe, Fresh Ideas About the facilitator...
Date, time and venue: One day workshop
More dates will be available in the 2014-2015 Academic Year. In the meantime please Register Your Interest by scrolling down the page to How to Book and clicking on the link to the Booking Form. We will then email you when new dates are available.
- Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
- £160 for UCL Affiliated / Higher Education Institutions / Charities
- £400 for External Applicants
How to book: Booking Form
OD Course Contact: Natalia Mazzini-cea