Participants: Managers in grades 7-10.
Pre-requisites: Before attending this workshop you should have completed the UCL's online diversity training.
Overview: The event aims to add value to the function of managers by increasing their ability to harness the latent benefits to be found in the diversity of their staff.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- List benefits to UCL in harnessing the diversity which exists in UCL
- Ensure diversity contributes to attaining the goal of peak performance in individuals and teams
- Identify and deal with possible diversity “flash points” in day to day management processes such as supervision, delegation and motivation
- Tackle complex employee relations situations with diversity implications with confidence
- Access and employ existing support mechanisms
- Instigate and control difficult conversations
- Tackle diversity related situations with courage
- Communicate a personal and professional commitment to fair and robust management practice
- Morning: the law and theory of equality and diversity in a management context
- Afternoon: an interactive scenario-based learning exercise featuring actors
- Demonstrates a commitment to (and promotes) equality and diversity ensuring UCL is an inclusive environment in which individuals are respected and unacceptable behaviours challenged
- Encourages personal development and helps others to learn
- Fosters two way communication and effective team-working
- Promotes UCL’s values and corporate objectives to colleagues and externally to UCL
- Manages self and others in accordance with UCL policies and contributes to policy development as appropriate
- Recruits and manages individuals effectively to create a high performing team
- Demonstrates effective self management and focus
Preparation: You will be emailed with a pre-course task which you will need to complete prior to attending.
Date, time and venue:
|24 November 2016||1000 - 1600||7.07/7.07A Maple House|
|08 February 2017||1000 - 1600||Room 603 - Bidborough House|
|11 May 2017||1000 - 1600||7.07/7.07A Maple House|
|07 June 2017||1000 - 1600||7.07/7.07A Maple House|
- Free for all staff on the UCL payroll
- £160 for UCL Affiliated / Higher Education Institutions / Charities
- £400 for External Applicants
How to book: Booking form
OD Course Contact: Cristina Imbuzan
Cancellation: Please note that there has been a change to the cancellation policy. The course cancellation and no show fee is £100 starting from the 2015/16 academic year. This charge is applicable to Organisational Development Courses and supersedes all other information regarding this policy elsewhere on the UCL website and training booking system. Additional charges may be incurred on some courses. Read more about cancellation >>.