- GEE Home
- GEE All
- GEE Academics
- GEE Post-Docs
- GEE Post-Graduates
- Forms & Documents
- Green Matters
Externally funded fellowships
GEE is a research-active Department and we encourage young
scientists to join us on externally funded fellowships. GEE and UCL will
provide a stimulating environment for your research. UCL has a policy
to provide successful fellowship holders with permanent positions and
active mentoring will help you to successfully develop your career.
We are committed to support potential fellows from the start. We will make every effort to support you already in the early stages of your funding application, providing assistance in developing your project, writing you application and preparing for your interview. GEE staff include current fellows and many established researchers who started their careers on fellowships, all of whom will be able to share their experience in the development of applications.
If you are interested in joining GEE on a fellowship or
would like to know more on what we can offer you, please get in touch
with us (but please do so at least a month but preferable even more in
advance of the application deadline). As a first point of contact, email
or phone Max Reuter.
Current fellows at the department include François Balloux and Judith Mank (ERC Starting Grants), Matt Piper and Nichola Raihani (Royal Society URF), Garrett Hellenthal (Wellcome Trust/Royal Society Sir Henry Dale Fellowship) and Eugene Schuster (MRC). Do not hesitate to contact these fellows for advice.
Fellowship schemes in the area of GEE research include the following:
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council: David Phillips Fellowship
- Medical Research Council: Career Development Awards, CDA in biostatistics, training fellowships in biomedical informatics
- Natural Environment Research Council: Postdoctoral and Advanced Fellowships
- Royal Society: University Research, Dorothy Hodgkin and Newton International Fellowships
- Wellcome Trust: various fellowships at the postdoctoral, career development and senior level
- Leverhulme Trust: Early Career Fellowships
- European Science Foundation: Starting Independent Researcher and Consolidator Grants
Page last modified on 14 feb 13 16:55