18 July 2014: New staff joining in 2014-15
In addition to our two new lecturers, Konrad Mierendorff and Suphanit Piyapromdee (who will both start at the end of the summer) the Department is pleased to announce that Professor Victor Rios-Rull, the Carlson Chair of Economics at the University of Minnesota, will also join us as a visiting professor during September 2014 – March 2015.
With these appointments and promotions, the Department has cemented its position as a world-leading Economics institution.
18 July 2014: Six members of the Department promoted
No less than six faculty members were considered for senior promotions and the Department is proud to announce that they were all successful. As a result, the following colleagues have been promoted with effect from October 1st 2014:
16 July 2014: Economics Departmental Prizes 2014
25 June 2014: 2013/14 Undergraduate Dissertations
19 June 2014: 2014 PGTA Awards
We were pleased to be able to hold an awards ceremony for our deserving TAs as we do not often show our appreciation for their hard work and immense contribution to teaching and learning in the department and we would like thank them all for their hard work and incredible effort; we are truly grateful for all that you do.
This year we had 13 awards and all recipients will receive £50. The new addition to the prize list for this year is a TA nominated award where TA’s can nominate for a peer who they believe has performed excellently in the teaching year. The other categories are as follows:
• Teaching on a 1st year UG module x 2
• Teaching on a 2nd year core and optional module x 2
• Teaching on a 3rd year UG module x 2
• Teaching on an MSc core module x 1
• Teaching on an MSc optional module x 1
• Teaching on an MRes module x 1
• New TA (first year teaching in our department) x 1
• Graduating TA (finishing PhD and taking up an academic post and/or no longer teaching)
• Overall TA (best feedback on teaching on multiple of programmes and/or overall performance)
• TA nominated prize – TAs nominate peers that have performed excellently over the teaching year
So, without further ado, I would like to announce this year’s winners... More...