- Prospective Students
- Open Evening June 25th
- Graduate Programme in Health Informatics
- Graduate Programme in Data Science for Research in Health & Biomedicine
- Graduate Programme in Health & Medical Sciences
- Flexible Programme
- Specialised Awards
- Specialised Awards: QIS
- HMS Module Library
- Student Experience
- About the Programme
- for Hospital Doctors
- for General Practitioners
- for Primary Care Nurses
- for Paediatric Nurses
- for Healthcare Managers
- for Primary Care Managers
- for Physiotherapists
- for Pharmacists
- for Public Health
- for Quality/Safety Managers
- Continuing Education and Professional Development
- Graduate Research
- Alumni Profiles
- Current Students
- Research Areas
- Seminars / Events
- Contact Us
Not Sure Where to Start?
Plan Your Programme
Ready to start planning? Use a blank programme planner!
Specialised Awards in Health & Medical Sciences
Specialised awards in Health & Medical Sciences are designed for students who wish to focus on a specific domain, and their specialised study can then be reflected in the name of the qualification that they receive.
The intention is to develop a range of specialised awards at three levels:
- Specialised Postgraduate Certificate in Health & Medical Sciences
- Specialised Postgraduate Diploma in Health & Medical Sciences
- Specialised MSc in Health & Medical Science
Each specialised award will require students to select their modules from a restricted range of modules in the module library.
- For a specialised postgraduate certificate, students will take the programme core module (Healthcare Quality & Evidence Based Practice) and three others from a restricted subject-related list.
- For a specialised postgraduate diploma, students will take the same core module, a minimum of four from the restricted list and the remaining three are free choices from the module library.
- For a specialised MSc, students will take the core module, a minimum of four from the restricted list and the remaining three are free choices from the module library. The MSc dissertation topic must also be related to the title of the specialised award.
At present, UCL is offering the entry-level specialised award - Postgraduate Certificate - in Quality, Information & Safety.
Page last modified on 16 may 14 15:16