- Prospective Students
- Graduate Programme in Health Informatics
- Graduate Programme in Data Science for Research in Health & Biomedicine
- Graduate Programme in Health & Medical Sciences
- for Hospital Doctors
- for General Practitioners
- for Primary Care Nurses
- for Paediatric Nurses
- for Healthcare Managers
- for Primary Care Managers
- for Physiotherapists
- for Pharmacists
- for Public Health
- for Quality/Safety Managers
- Flexible Programme
- Specialised Awards
- Specialised Awards: QIS
- H&MS Module Library
- About the Programme
- Continuing Education and Professional Development
- Graduate Research
- Alumni Profiles
- Current Students
- Research Areas
- Seminars / Events
- Contact Us
Not Sure Where to Start?
Plan Your Programme
Ready to start planning? Use a blank programme planner!
Specialised Health & Medical Sciences Awards in Quality, Information & Safety
There will be three specialised awards in Quality, Information & Safety (QIS):
- Postgraduate Certificate in Health & Medical Sciences (Quality, Information & Safety) - applications welcome now for 2014-15
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health & Medical Sciences (Quality, Information & Safety) - in preparation
- MSc in Health & Medical Sciences (Quality, Information & Safety) - in preparation
Health & Medical Sciences students working towards specialised awards in QIS explore various facets of healthcare quality with an emphasis on the role of information evidence, regulation and safe practice. They develop insights into the challenges of managing high quality service delivery change and confidence to tackle the complex job of improving patient care.
Implicit in the selection of modules is the acquisition of skills and knowledge relevant to a student’s day-to-day professional life.
Programme Structure and Contents
Postgraduate Certificate in Health & Medical Sciences (Quality Information & Safety)
Students undertake four modules to the value of 60 credits. The programme consists of one core module (15 credits), and three optional modules (15 credits each).
Core Module: Healthcare Quality and Evidence Based Practice
Three modules chosen from this list:
- Healthcare Associated Infection Prevention, Control and Organisational Aspects
- Information Law & Governance in Clinical Practice
- Leadership & Professional Development
- Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Healthcare Associated Infection Control
- Litigation, complaints and concerns: raising clinical standards (under development)
- Patient Safety & Clinical Risk
- Quality Improvement in Health Care
- Research Methods in Healthcare
The timescale for completion of a postgraduate certificate is 1-2 years.
Postgraduate Diploma in Health & Medical Sciences (Quality, Information & Safety)
Requirements are as for the postgraduate certificate, but students ar required to complete a total of eight taught modules, of which four must be drawn from the list above, and three further modules can be chosen from the Health & Medical Sciences Module Library.
The timescale for completion of a postgraduate diploma is 2-5 years.
MSc in Health & Medical Sciences (Quality, Information & Safety)
Requirements are as for the postgraduate diploma, with the additional requirement of completing a dissertation in the broad field of quality, information and safety.
The timescale for completion of an MSc is 2-5 years.
Page last modified on 01 may 14 17:28