- Recruitment: Teaching Fellow
- 25 June: Taught Graduate Programmes Open Evening and Data Science Programme Launch
- Publication: Cognitive workload changes for nurses transitioning from a legacy system with paper documentation to a commercial electronic health record
- UCL CHIME Alumus Wins Best Journal Article Prize
- Publication: Supporting thinking on sample sizes for thematic analyses: a quantitative tool
- March 2015 Health Informatics Short Courses Open for Booking
- Publication: Who edits Wikipedia on health, and what motivates them to do it?
- CHIME Hosts Kazakh Government Delegation
- Publication: The design of a survey questionnaire to measure perceptions and behaviour during an influenza pandemic: the Flu TElephone Survey Template (FluTEST)
- NHS Health Informatics Trainees Conference and Networking Event
- Health & Medical Sciences January Intake Open for Applications
- Publication: A short generic patient experience measure: howRwe development and validation.
- UCL Announces New Fast-Track Postgraduate Diploma and MSc in Health Informatics
- UCL CHIME Reappointed to Train Future NHS Informatics Managers
- UCL hosts HL7 UK Summer School
- New Qualification: Health & Medical Sciences (Quality, Information & Safety)
- Publication: Primary total knee replacement as an example of predicting length of stay from electronic patient record system data
- January Intake Approved for Graduate Programme in Health & Medical Sciences (HMS)
- BMJ Editorial: Caldicott 2 and Patient Data
- "Patient Safety, Law Policy and Practice" Published in Paperback
- UCL Joins the European Connected Health Alliance
- UCL CHIME is Early Contributor to New Health Informatics Online Resource
- Professor Dipak Kalra takes up Presidency of the EuroRec Institute
- 2012 European Summit on Trustworthy Reuse of Health Data – plenary sessions now available on YouTube
- "Patient Safety, Law Policy and Practice"
- Ethnicity and academic performance in medicine
- Uptake of flu vaccine among healthcare workers
- Open Source, Open Standards, and Health Care Information Systems
- howRU, a new short generic measure of health status
- Dr Don E. Detmer honoured by American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA)
- Public 'reassured' by swine flu media coverage
- Key NHS IT Programmes – UCL report
- UKHIT online - Computers and the Internet
- Group membership and staff turnover affect outcomes in group CBT for persistent pain
- Electronic patient records are not a panacea
- Using computerised CBT to prevent mental health problems: a systematic review and a case study of Xanthis
- New Students Begin UCL Postgraduate Programme in Health Informatics
- CHIME researcher contributes to new book
UCL CHIME is Early Contributor to New Health Informatics Online Resource
4 January 2013
One dark Thursday night in December saw Professor Dipak Kalra, Director of UCL CHIME, at home in front of a webcam, being interviewed online by American health informatician Tim Cook and taking live questions from around the world.
The result is now available online, forming part of a new resource named Healthcare IT Live! which aims to go out weekly and cover topics across the healthcare spectrum.
Professor Kalra's contribution, around an hour in length, concentrated on his work on, and attitudes to, such areas as electronic health record interoperability, semantic interoperability, and standards.
Other contributors to the series include Bert Verhees from the Netherlands and Heather Grain from Australia, and the schedule of future shows includes such luminaries as Canada's Denis Protti, Bill Hersh and Edward Shortliffe from the USA and our former UCL colleague Jeremy Wyatt.
Page last modified on 04 jan 13 10:51