- Publication: Who edits Wikipedia on health, and what motivates them to do it?
- CHIME Hosts Kazakh Government Delegation
- Publication: The design of a survey questionnaire to measure perceptions and behaviour during an influenza pandemic: the Flu TElephone Survey Template (FluTEST)
- NHS Health Informatics Trainees Conference and Networking Event
- Health & Medical Sciences January Intake Open for Applications
- Publication: A short generic patient experience measure: howRwe development and validation.
- UCL CHIME Reappointed to Train Future NHS Informatics Managers
- UCL hosts HL7 UK Summer School
- New Qualification: Health & Medical Sciences (Quality, Information & Safety)
- Publication: Primary total knee replacement as an example of predicting length of stay from electronic patient record system data
- January Intake Approved for Graduate Programme in Health & Medical Sciences (HMS)
- BMJ Editorial: Caldicott 2 and Patient Data
- "Patient Safety, Law Policy and Practice" Published in Paperback
- UCL Joins the European Connected Health Alliance
- UCL CHIME is Early Contributor to New Health Informatics Online Resource
- Professor Dipak Kalra takes up Presidency of the EuroRec Institute
- 2012 European Summit on Trustworthy Reuse of Health Data – plenary sessions now available on YouTube
- "Patient Safety, Law Policy and Practice"
- Ethnicity and academic performance in medicine
- Uptake of flu vaccine among healthcare workers
- Open Source, Open Standards, and Health Care Information Systems
- howRU, a new short generic measure of health status
- Dr Don E. Detmer honoured by American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA)
- Public 'reassured' by swine flu media coverage
- Key NHS IT Programmes – UCL report
- UKHIT online - Computers and the Internet
- Group membership and staff turnover affect outcomes in group CBT for persistent pain
- Electronic patient records are not a panacea
- Using computerised CBT to prevent mental health problems: a systematic review and a case study of Xanthis
- New Students Begin UCL Postgraduate Programme in Health Informatics
- CHIME researcher contributes to new book
- UCL Announces New Fast-Track Postgraduate Diploma and MSc in Health Informatics
Dr Don E. Detmer honoured by American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA)
16 November 2010
Don E. Detmer, Professor Emeritus at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville and Visiting Professor at UCL CHIME, has been awarded the 2010 Morris F. Collen Award by the American Medical Informatics Association in recognition of his longstanding efforts to advance the field of biomedical and health informatics.
Dr Detmer, former President
and CEO of AMIA, continues to advise his successors, and is active in
educating future generations of health informaticians.
The Collen award is named after Morris F. Collen, a founding physician and pioneer of informatics at US health management organisation Kaiser Permanente.
Dr Detmer said “Clinical informatics – or electronic health records - is not just a nice idea. It’s essential if you are going to be able to deliver first-rate care. The amount of knowledge needed is so great that unless you have a relationship with a computer, you’re just not going to get the job done."
Everyone at CHIME offers Don our warmest congratulations on this much deserved award.
Page last modified on 14 mar 11 15:58