Arts and Sciences (BASc)
- Vice-Provost's Welcome
- Prospective Students
- Current students
- Study Abroad
- Frequently Asked Questions
- News and Events
- Contact Us
All Arts and Sciences BASc degree students will undertake an internship at the end of their 2nd year. The internship will need to be full-time for a minimum of 6 weeks and it will be undertaken within the UK. After the internship you will reflect upon it as part of your BASc degree studies.
Primarily, the internship can be seen as a preparation for the world of work. If you make the best use of your time whilst on the internship you will gain a better understanding of your skills and be able to market yourself successfully to potential future employers.
The main benefits of undertaking an internship are to:
- Provide evidence of previous work experience to potential employers
- Enable you to explore a field of work/industry sector
- Enable you to reflect on your strengths and weaknesses and further improve essential transferable skills such as team-working and commercial awareness
- Enable you to gain an understanding of how theory and research relates to practice in an employment context
- Provide you with opportunities to network with industry contacts
Further information about sourcing and preparing for the internships, as well as the process and deadlines will be given to you by UCL Careers Placement Team at the beginning of your 2nd year.