Arts and Sciences (BASc)
- Prospective Students
- Current students
- New First Year Students
- Study Abroad
- What our students say about the BASc
- Frequently Asked Questions
- News and Events
- Contact Us
Student Society and Committees
The ID (Interdisciplinary) Society is the BASc student society and is responsible for student social events and inviting guest lecturers to early evening seminars. Positions available in the society are:
- President – in consultation with fellow Officers, takes an overview of how the Society should run, draws up a Society constitution and is present at Society events and seminars.
- Vice-President – supports and stands in for the President when s/he is not available (e.g. to attend meetings and events).
- Treasurer – organises the collection of subscriptions and / or collects and raises funds in advance of events and for the Common Room Committee.
- Events Organiser – suggests ideas and venues for events, invites speakers to give seminars, organises seasonal outings, debates or sporting activities, summer picnic etc.
- Common Room Committee – see below for details.
All students have the opportunity to put themselves forward for one of the above positions. Interested applicants will be asked to submit a mini-manifesto some time in October with the elections taking place on Friday 25 October, 6-7pm in the Harriet Massey Lecture Theatre, 25 Gordon Street.
Common Room Committee
The Common Room Committee is a sub-committee of the ID Society and is comprised of the BASc Society Officers and / or other co-opted Society members.
They are responsible for the general running of the common room including the keep tidy rota, advising on fixtures and fittings and the operation of the kitchen kitty.
The common room and kitchen codes of conduct
can be viewed at http://www.ucl.ac.uk/basc/current/facilities