The types of skills are sought by SMEs
SMEs seek the same skills as most employers, but in a smaller company they will be particularly important as the intern will need to use them constantly. We look for evidence to prove each of these skill areas on the students CV and covering letter
- Self motivation/pro-activity
- Willingness to learn
- Problem solving ability
- Good communication skills
- Organisation (self, work and time).
Types of work skills and knowledge we hope the student/graduate will be exposed to during the internship
- Financing a business
- Business meetings – shadowing and taking part
- Delivering presentations/pitches
- New product or service development
- Project management
- Soft skills - communication, time management, leadership, team work, problem solving etc
This could also include any other skills specific to your company.