Managing Team & Self: Training for Researchers and Postgraduates
Friday 12th July 2013, 9.00am to 5.00pm
Who will benefit?
The course will be beneficial to those those within research roles, or postgraduate students who would like to pursue or are already on a management development career pathway either newly appointed to a supervisory/management position or who will expect to be in a supervisory/management position within the near future. Very useful for those with the need to influence, collaborate and persuade others without legitimate power of authority.
What will we cover?
- Managing and Leading Teams
- Effective Communication Skills
- Time and Stress Management
What delegates will learn
- Recognise the qualities of successful leadership and management Recognise and understand different management styles and their impact Be able to differentiate between Leadership and Management skills Recognise the need for task and people balance within Team leadership
- How to respond professionally to difficult behaviour Transactional analysis theory and principles How to give and receive feedback from colleagues.
- Recognise time traps and time robbers
- How to prioritise and schedule work appropriately
- Recognise potential sources of stress & stress reactions The value of developing stress resistance resources
How do I register?
Booking for this event will open soon.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
For full terms and conditions, please visit: Terms and Conditions