London Entrepreneurs' Challenge
The London Entrepreneurs’ Challenge is a workshop programme and business plan competition that helps young entrepreneurs develop their businesses.
Are you interested in learning how to start a business? The London Entrepreneurs’ Challenge will help you build your business plan, start your business and gain a share of £15,000 prize money.
Are you part of the next generation of London entrepreneurs? Take part in the London Entrepreneurs’ Challenge, a workshop programme and business plan competition that shows entrants how to start a business by helping them do it for themselves.
Now in its 13th year, the London Entrepreneurs’ Challenge is open to all members of UCL, SOAS, the Royal Veterinary College, Birkbeck and the London Business School.
Part of a programme designed to enhance UCL’s reputation for entrepreneurship and science commercialisation, it aims to educate participants about how to create a new business from scratch, helping them gain invaluable know-how and experience.
All participants in the 2015 Challenge get the chance to win prizes totalling £15,000 as well as gain from fantastic networking opportunities. Since it started, over 3,000 people have taken part so far, and past winners have gone onto succeed in other business competitions and be featured in high-profile media.
The competition comprises several stages and concludes in writing a detailed business plan that’ll be judged by a panel of experts from a range of disciplines. Alongside this, mentors will be doing participant workshops that cover topics such as intellectual property, project management and finance and business models.
Competition - Phase 1 Entry
Entry into the first phase of the competition is open to registered participants of the programme, only. If you are registered and need to take part, you need to complete the Idea Assessment Template, submit it by email and then present your idea at the appropriate workshop slot. The template and brief instructions, including deadlines, are here:
Competition - Phase 2 Entry
- Deadline for submission: Midnight, Sunday 13 Dec
- Submitted via email in Word or pdf - send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No word limit; suggest 12-20 pages - use lots of diagrams, charts, tables etc to convey points clearly
- Needs to cover ALL the major sections: Team, product/service description, finance, competition, market, delivery plan, exec summary, risks, etc
- Presentations likely to be 15 mins with slots during DAYTIME on Tuesday 15 Dec
- Can use slides, props, etc. Bring your own laptop (and adapter if needed!)
- Only registered participants can present
- Announced at the usual workshop time that evening!
- £5,000 for winner, 2*£3,000 for runners-up, £2,000 for Provost’s Prize… maybe some other things!