Financing Entrepreneurs - How to raise your first round of seed investment
Publication date: Jan 28, 2014 11:18:50 AM
Mar 27, 2014 9:30:00 AM
End: Mar 27, 2014 4:30:00 PM
Location: IDEALondon, 69 Wilson Street, London
From Idea to Investment- Everything you need to know on how to raise investment for your business in the London market.
By the end of this course, you will
1. Understand what you need to do to become “Investment Ready”
2. Know how to put together a pitch deck and investment proposal that will attract the interest of investors.
3. Who is who in the London investment scene, who to approach and how to get an introduction.
During the day, we will cover
1. How investment process in early stage companies works for both the investor and entrepreneurs.
2. How to assess whether a business is “investment ready” using standard industry tested criteria and illustrated by using real life case studies of start-ups in London who have secured seed and series investment in London
3. How to prepare a pitch deck and investment proposal?
4. Survey “who is who” in London’s investment scene and see what kind of deals they are looking for.
The course will also run through the legal terminology and legal documentation needed to secure investment, but since John Spindler is not a trained lawyer, another speaker will be engaged to give this part of the programme.
Data Protection: The information provided by you will be held on a database by UCL Advances. You may be contacted about other UCL Advances or UCL activities in the future. By submitting this information you agree that your details may be used for this purpose.