Applications for the 2019 UCL Year 12 Masterclasses are now closed.
In the Spring Term, UCL hosts a range of subject-specific Masterclasses.
Masterclasses offer you a taste of learning at university, and are designed to help you decide what area of study you would like to pursue at degree level. They give you an insight into your chosen subject, and provide an excellent example to include in your personal statement.
The Masterclasses themselves are entertaining, hands-on sessions run by UCL academics and PhD students. You will get the chance to look around UCL, and you’ll meet current UCL students and other young people from across London.
During the week of 8th - 12th April 2019, UCL will be hosting an exciting range of masterclasses from the following subjects:
- Linguistics, 8th April, 10am - 1pm.
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering, 8th April, 10am - 1pm.
- Biochemical Engineering, 9th April, 10am - 1pm.
- Urban Planning, 9th April, 1pm - 4pm.
- Computer Science, 9th April, 1pm - 4pm.
- Laws, 10th April, 10am - 1pm.
- Sustainable Resources, 10th April, 1pm - 4pm.
- Institute of the Americas, 11th April, 10am - 1pm.
- History of Art, 11th April, 10am - 1pm.
- Medical Physics, 12th April, 10am - 1pm.
For more information on each Masterclass, please read our Masterclass Descriptions.
Our events and activities are funded by UCL's Access and Participation Plan and Widening Participation funds. Therefore, there are eligibility criteria that all applicants should consider before applying. Please note, these Masterclasses are only open to students at state-funded UK schools. For full details of our eligibility criteria please follow the link below: