Calling notice for EGM, Wednesday 13th December, 1-2pm via Zoom
7 December 2023
An Emergency General Meeting to discuss the questions set for the Branch Delegate Meeting (BDM) is scheduled for Wednesday 13th December
This is a formal calling notice for an Emergency General Meeting of UCL UCU which will be held on:
Wednesday 13th December from 13:00 - 14:00 on Zoom (members have been sent a registration link via email).
This meeting has been convened to discuss the questions set for the Branch Delegate Meeting (BDM) which is taking place from 15:00 - 17:00 that afternoon. The purpose of the BDM is to reflect on the UCU Rising ballot and to contribute to developing a longer-term HE strategy.
The following questions will be discussed at our EGM and voted on by our delegates at the BDM. The meeting will also consider any motions on our industrial strategy (deadline: midday on Monday 11 Dec 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- How do we involve members in developing the 2024/5 claim? (can vote for as many as you like)
- Through regional meetings
- Through branch meetings
- Through branch delegate meetings
- In building the longer-term strategy and reflecting the results of the member survey, what priorities do members want to include? (can vote for as many as you like)
- Pay related issues – Workload, casualisation, equality pay gaps
- Different types of industrial action
- How members are engaged
- Balance of local and national bargaining
- Building a stronger union
Two Branch Delegates will be appointed at the EGM to represent the views of the branch at the BDM. If you are able to attend both the EGM and BDM please consider volunteering.
UCL UCU Executive Committee