UCL Research Management Performance 2018-19
13 November 2019
Our research portfolio continues to grow year on year and last year’s performance was a fantastic achievement for everyone involved – generating approximately £480 million of income for UCL.
UCL’s academic community have had another successful financial year applying for and being awarded new externally funded sponsored research projects.
This has been supported by professional service teams across UCL in Academic departments, OVPR / School Coordination Offices, Research Services and other areas of UCL.
We wanted to share some of the key successes from August 2018 to July 2019:
- UCL’s research income – generated from the active sponsored research portfolio– was approximately £480 million this financial year, representing continue growth.
- The UCL academic community received 1,638 new research awards with a total budget of approximately £500 million – each of which were agreed and set up by Research Services.
- Research Services submitted 4,610 applications on behalf of the UCL academic community - worth a total of £1.8 billion.
- The Research Contracts Team successfully negotiated and completed 1,973 new contracts.
Well done to everybody involved!
- Research Services
- Office of Vice-Provost Research
- Find out more how to extract your own research data from Worktribe