My research interest centered on harnessing atom like opto-spin properties of single point defects trapped in high band gap semiconductors for scalable quantum computing and nano-sensing. Near surface single spins are resources to solid state based quantum technology. I am currently working on controlling charge state and spin dynamics of single NV centers in diamond in surface vicinity.
In the past, my research was focused on improving brightness and photo-stability of ensemble NV centers in sub 50 nm nanodiamonds by exploring fabrication parameters and optical measurement conditions. Further, I have worked on understanding the physical reason behind photo-blinking/photo-conversion of NV centers.
- Ravi Kumar, D.K. Singh, P. Kumar, C.T. Trinh, K.G. Lee, & S.R. Dhakate, High ensemble concentration of photo-stable NV centers in Type Ib nanodiamonds by thermal assisted migration of native vacancies, Diam. Relat. Mater., 114, 108337 (2021)
- Ravi Kumar, Dilip K. Singh, S. R. Dhakate et al., Influence of degree of air oxidation and functionality on ensemble emission from nitrogen vacancy centers in nano-diamonds, Diam. Relat. Mater. 97, 107431 (2019)
- Ravi Kumar, Tai Trinh Cong, K.G. Lee, S.R. Dhakate, Dilip K. Singh et al., Creation of uniformly dispersed nitrogen-vacancy centers in Nano-diamonds by low energy ion-irradiation, Mater. Res. Express, 6, 115097 (2019)
- Ravi Kumar, S. R. Dhakate, Dilip K. Singh et al., Engineering bright fluorescent nitrogen-vacancy (NV) nano-diamonds: Role of low energy ion-irradiation parameters, AIP Advances 8, 085023 (2018)
- Ravi Kumar, S.J. Yoon, K.G. Lee, S. R. Dhakate, Dilip K. Singh et al., Purification method dependent fluorescence from nitrogen-vacancy (NV) centers of nano-diamonds, RSC Adv., 6, 47164 (2016)