Results Day 2022
Results day Frequently Asked Questions
Questions about Results Day? Take a look through our most frequently asked questions to help you decide your next steps.
- Does UCL have Clearing vacancies?
UCL does not participate in Clearing.
- I am unconditional Firm with UCL, can I be released into Clearing?
You are able to release yourself into Clearing by signing into UCAS Track/Hub and clicking the self-release button on the homepage.
This process is irreversible.
Make sure you wish to go into Clearing, as once you have released yourself you will no longer hold a place at UCL.
- I haven’t got a decision yet, can I be released into Clearing?
If a final decision is pending, and you have not yet provided UCL with confirmation of your results, you must provide acceptable evidence of your final results so that UCL may process a final decision for you.
Call +44 (0)20 8059 0939 for details of pending information.
Alternatively, please upload your results via the verification task in your UCL Applicant Portal.
- Does UCL take mitigating circumstances into account?
UCL will only consider the results you are awarded by the examination board(s).
We expect any circumstances that could have affected your academic performance to be raised with the examination board(s). They will then be able to take this into account when awarding the final grade.
- Why is there no decision on my UCAS Track/Hub or Portico (the UCL Applicant Portal)?
If you cannot see a decision, then it is likely that we are missing some of your examination results or English Language test results, if this was a condition of your offer.
Call +44 (0)20 8059 0939 for further guidance on the information we need from you.
- I didn’t meet my offer conditions, but I am appealing my grades. Do I need to let UCL know?
You will need to request a priority review of marking. Your school or College can advise on this further.
- If you meet your offer conditions as the result of an appeal, contact Undergraduate Admissions or call +44 (0)20 8059 0939. Your updated result(s) should come through to us from UCAS.
- If you do receive an appeal outcome after this date (and no later than 1 October 2022) that meets your UCL offer conditions, then we may be able to consider you for deferred place.
- If your grades change because of an appeal, but you still do not meet the conditions of your offer, the decision on your application will not change.
We must receive your new grade by 02 September 2022.
We will not be able to consider appeals for 2022 entry after this date.
- I held a Firm conditional offer with UCL but have been rejected. However, I am aware that accepted students may drop out or defer. Can I take their place?
Unfortunately, this is not possible as UCL calculates its offer making and final admissions decisions with the knowledge that some students may no longer attend.
Discussing your application
- I will be out of the country on Results Day, can my parents, guardian or nominated person discuss my application with you?
We will not be able to discuss your application with any third parties due to data protection legislation.
If you will be away over the results period, then you will need to contact us with:
- your name
- UCAS PID number
- the programme you applied for
- the name of your nominated contact
The nominated contact listed on your UCAS form does not permit UCL to speak to them about your application.
Changes to your offer
- I have been accepted by my Firm choice university, can I go to UCL which is my Insurance choice instead? I have met the conditions of the UCL offer.
When a student is accepted by their Firm choice university their Insurance choice becomes invalid and is automatically declined by UCAS, even if the student has met the conditions of their Insurance offer.
Unfortunately you cannot swap your offer replies at this stage.
- Can I defer my entry to September 2023?
UCL tries to facilitate deferral requests wherever possible.
Contact us with the following details:
- your full name,
- the programme you've applied for, and
- a brief outline of the reasons for your deferral request.
All offer conditions must be met by the 2 September 2022.
Deferral requests, if received by 14 October 2022, are likely to be approved for the majority of programmes at UCL.
If your request is approved, the Undergraduate Admissions team will then update your record, and you will need to log into UCAS Track/Hub to check and accept this change.
The only exception is the Slade School of Fine Art where deferral is not possible, you would be expected to reapply through UCAS for September 2023 entry.
- I hold an unconditional firm place with UCL. Can I change my programme?
UCL is unable to consider any programme change requests at this stage.
In some limited cases it may be possible to change your programme of study after you enrol but this would be dependent on available space and the qualifications that you hold. Please approach the relevant academic department to discuss this after enrolment.
By joining UCL you should expect to study the programme you currently hold an unconditional offer for.
- I need a Student visa to study in the UK. When will I receive my CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies)?
You will have received an email in June 2022 inviting you to check the details which will be used to generate your CAS.
Your CAS will be issued to you once your offer status has been updated to Unconditional Firm and your qualifications have been verified.
We do like to remind all international offer holders that we are unable to expedite CAS numbers and as such we strongly encourage offer holders not to book visa appointments or flights until they are in receipt of their CAS number.
Please ensure your Student Visa information is up to date on your Portico (the UCL applicant portal).
- I would like to speak with someone about advice on immigration matters related to my study at UCL. Who do I contact?
UCL Student Immigration Advice provides a specialist student-focussed immigration advice service on immigration matters relating to study at UCL.
Advice and guidance is available to both prospective and current UCL students and their dependants free of charge.
Complete this form to attend a 'virtual drop-in' session where you may ask any immigration related queries you have.
- I am holding an unconditional place to study at UCL, what do I do next?
Congratulations! We hope you are looking forward to joining us.
You will be sent an email towards the end of August inviting you to start the online enrolment process.
Discover more information for new students
If you are an international student you can read about our International Student Online Orientation Course.
- I would like to know more about how UCL is managing Covid-19, where can I find this information?
UCL will keep you posted with any essential updates.
- If UCL is my Insurance choice, will I be guaranteed accommodation?
If UCL is your Insurance choice, we cannot guarantee you accommodation and would advise considering alternative options.
- What if I do not meet all the eligibility criteria?
If you do not meet our eligibility requirements, we suggest you secure alternative accommodation.
UCL has a range of accommodation available for returning students and those who do not meet the eligibility criteria.
Contact Undergraduate Admissions
Our result day phone lines will open at 08:30 on Thursday 18 August.
Lines will be extremely busy and this will result in wait times.
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8059 0939