Psychology and Language Science Open Days
Studying Psychology and Language Sciences at UCL
Virtual Open Day Recording
Watch the video below to learn more about your programme of interest.
Degree programmes you may be interested in
Chat to a Unibuddy
Chat to UCL Psychology and Language Sciences students.
Studying Psychology at UCL
Psychology and Language Sciences BSc
Tell me about Psychology and Language Sciences
For more information, click on the section/s below
- Useful links
- Why study Psychology at UCL?
- UCL is the top-ranked university in Europe and second in the world for psychology (Shanghai Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2022).
- UCL is 1st in Europe and 2nd in the world for neuroscience and behaviour, based entirely on quantitative data relating to scientific papers (2021 National Taiwan University report).
- UCL is 1st in Europe and 2nd worldwide for citations in neuroscience and behaviour, with more than twice as many published papers as any other European university (InCites Essential Scientific Indicators 2021).
- UCL is ranked first for research power in Psychology, Psychiatry and Neuroscience by the UK’s Research Excellence Framework (REF 2021), with more than two thirds of our research in these areas rated as world-leading (4*).
- You will develop a broad foundation in linguistic analysis and theory, while being able to pursue chosen areas in greater depth, and also to study language and linguistics in a broader context.
- At 1:10.1, UCL has the joint-best staff-to-student ratio of any public UK university (Guardian University Guide 2022).
- We offer cutting-edge resources such as extensive laboratories for research in speech and language, perception and cognition, a centre for brain imaging and a behavioural neuroscience laboratory.