To apply as a visiting graduate student under a reciprocal Erasmus agreement or under a reciprocal exchange agreement please apply online and select as appropriate either Visiting Research or Postgraduate Taught Affiliate in the Programme Type from the drop down menu.
Applications must be supported by the following documentation, which you will have the opportunity to upload:
- Academic transcripts for all higher education (including your current studies) provided in English and in electronic format
- Personal statement
- Confirmation of English language proficiency (if available)
- Confirmation from your home institution that your request to study abroad is supported
- Confirmation from your home institution that you are a registered research degree student.
For the Visiting Research Programme applications must usually be submitted at least two months prior to your proposed start date.
For the Postgraduate Taught Affiliate Programme applications must usually be submitted by
• 31 March for entry in September (Autumn term only or full year)
• 30 September (at the latest) for entry in January (Spring and Summer terms only)
Selecting your modules
Postgraduate Taught Affiliate applicants are not able to select modules at the point of completing the online application form. If you have specific module requirements, please get in touch directly with the relevant UCL department.
After you apply
Applicants will receive an email once the application has been submitted (or if it is saved half way through). Once submitted you should also receive an invitation to access the Applicant Portal where you can track the status and progress of your application. UCL Admissions will get in touch as soon as possible with a decision about acceptance. If we have any queries regarding your application – for example about grades or prerequisites – we will contact you.
If you are accepted you will be sent an offer letter and invited to reply to your offer via the UCL Applicant Portal. Once you’ve accepted your offer and confirmed that you will be attending UCL, more information will be sent about how to apply for student accommodation, and about visas if this is applicable.