If you are studying towards a Master’s degree you will need to apply at Postgraduate Taught Affiliate level, and if you are studying towards a PhD, you will need to apply at Visiting Research level.
All these options can be selected from the drop down menu on the application portal.
Applications must be supported by the following documentation, which you will have the opportunity to upload:
- Academic transcripts for all higher education (including your current studies) provided in English.
- Personal statement of academic purpose
- Confirmation of English language proficiency (if applicable)
- Confirmation from your home institution that your request to study at UCL is approved.
For Visiting Research level, applications must be submitted at least two months prior to your proposed start date.
For Postgraduate Taught Affiliate level, applications should be submitted by:
- 31 March for entry in September (autumn term or full academic year)
- 30 September for entry in January (spring and summer terms only).
Selecting your modules
Postgraduate Taught Affiliate level applicants are not able to select modules (courses) at the point of competing the application. If you have specific module requirements, please get in touch directly with the relevant UCL department.
After you apply
Applicants will receive an email once the application has been submitted (or if it is saved half way through). Once submitted you should also receive an invitation to access the Applicant Portal where you can track the status and progress of your application. UCL Admissions will get in touch as soon as possible with a decision about acceptance. If we have any queries regarding your application – for example about grades or prerequisites – we will contact you.
If you are accepted you will be sent an offer letter and invited to reply to your offer via the UCL Applicant Portal. Once you’ve accepted your offer and confirmed that you will be attending UCL, more information will be sent about how to apply for student accommodation, and about visas if this is applicable.