International Students


Graduate Affiliate Fees

Find information on paying fees for graduate affiliate students including Erasmus+, visiting research students and those on an independently arranged exchange.

Tuition fees

Tuition fees are payable by all graduate affiliate students, unless attending UCL through a reciprocal exchange agreement. Information on yearly graduate fees can be found on the Money webpage. For students who only want to study certain taught modules, or for only one-term, a fee assessment will be made by the UCL Fees Office. Please contact them at fees@ucl.ac.uk for further details.

Students will either be charged at the UK/EU rate or at the the Overseas Student rate. To be eligible for UK/EU fee status, a student must normally be a national of a European Union (EU) country and have been ordinarily resident in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, for non-educational purposes, throughout the three years immediately preceding the start of the UCL programme.

Alternatively, a student must have permanent residency rights in the UK and have been ordinarily resident in the UK for the same period, again for non-educational purposes.

Living expenses

Students will need access to sufficient funds to cover the cost of living, e.g. accommodation, meals, local travel, books and entertainment.

UK student loans

As a graduate affiliate student you will not be eligible for a UK student loan, government grant, or the Access to Learning Fund.

US/Canadian student loans for study at UCL

If you are from the US or Canada, you will be able to access the official student loan schemes in your home country to study at UCL. UCL’s Student Financial Support Office is able to assist with processing your loan application. You can also email: us-cdn-loans@ucl.ac.uk.

Working in London

There are plenty of casual jobs in London. If you are an overseas student studying full time in the UK and with entry clearance on your visa, you are allowed to work for up to 20 hours per week during term time, and full time in the vacations. If you are a student from the EU there is no limit to the number of hours that you may work.