UCL Centre for Outcomes Research and Effectiveness
CORE was established in 1995 to promote effectiveness based research within applied psychology. The initial focus of the unit was on outcomes research led by Dr Paul Clifford. In 2000 Professor Steve Pilling became the Director, and since that time the unit has focused on four main areas:
- The development of clinical guidelines, particularly in mental health
- The evaluation of complex interventions in mental health
- The evaluation and development of psychological Interventions, in particular low intensity interventions
- Competence frameworks for psychological interventions
Visit our Research page below to discover more.
Key Research Collaborations
CORE collaborates with key institutions internal and external to UCL. These include:
- The National Collaborating Centre for Mental Health, with the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- University College London Health Psychology Unit
- The Anna Freud Centre
- National Institute for Health Research
- PsychUp for Wellbeing Programme
Visit our Collaborations page below to discover more about who we work with.