From 1st Jan 2019 all food provided at catered UCL PALS events went 100% vegetarian. This page documents the timeline of events that led up to that decision & milestone moments after the announcement.
- 31 Oct 2018: PALS Green Impact Team Meeting agree the idea.
- 6 Dec 2018: Inititive proposed and agreed at the PALS Staff Meeting.
- 1 Jan 2019: Initiative launched.
- 8 Jan 2019: Pledge is tweeted on PALS social media (https://twitter.com/UCLPALS/status/1082655178002710529) and UCL Sustainability social media (https://twitter.com/GreenUCL/status/1082664494571143168) and by many individuals.
- 9 Jan 2019: UCL Finance follow our lead and agree to go 100% veggie (tweet from ucl Sustainability)
- 9 Jan 2019: UCL Experimental Psychology tweet the news (https://twitter.com/EP_UCL/status/1082945918436081664)
- 11 Jan 2019: UCL Tweet the news (https://twitter.com/ucl/status/1083665067768455168)
- 17 Jan 2019: Royal Holloway join (https://twitter.com/Kathy_Rastle/status/1085933690700607488?s=09)
- 17 Jan 2019: 115 likes on Twitter for initial announcement post.
- 5 Feb 2019: University of Auckland’s Optometry Department goes 100% veggie after hearing about our initiative.
- 6 Feb 2019: Bath Psychology decide to go veggie: twitter.com/MichaelProulx/status/1093122757922041856
- 31 May 2019: The UCL Bartlett School of Environment, Energy and Resources announces it will only order vegetarian/vegan catering.
- 18th July 2019: UCL Senior Management Team (SMT) announce that they will be going 100% vegetarian with their catering.
- 19th July 2019: The UCL Office of the Vice-Provost (Advancement) announces that the UCL "It’s All Academic" festival on 5th October will be serving only 100% vegetarian food! They will be ordering over 1,000 portions of food!