PALS GREEN DAY 2020 | THURSDAY 26 MARCH | #GreenUCLPALS
Here is the itinerary for the day:
THURSDAY 26 MARCH 2020
- Walk on the Famous Green Feet... and contribute your #PALSMoonWalk steps towards the PALS Green initiative to walk to the moon.
- Grow mushrooms from used coffee grounds.
- Green Wheel of Fortune (BW).* Spin the wheel to decide your sustainability pledge.
- Seed planting (BW, CH, ICN).* People are invited to use recycled plastic (e.g. yoghurt pots, plastic cups etc) to grow seeds that will blossom into gigantic office plants! We'd love you to keep us informed with your growing on social media so we can see who grows PALS's hottest chilli, largest tomato and most tasty coffee bean throughout the year!
- Veggie food served in BW cafeteria (all day).
- Watch green-themed films and talks (3rd floor BW common room).
- Visit Sabine’s recycling stall (3rd floor BW common room). Test your recycling knowledge in a short quiz and learn more about what we found in PALS bins in a large study last year. Plus: some surprising facts on what can and can’t be recycled at UCL and tips for what you can do to reduce waste!
- Vegan wine/beer** tasting in the BW common room on the 3rd floor.
- The vegan wine is from an organic wine company called Vintage Roots (visit vintageroots.co.uk for more details) who won ‘Green Retailer of the Year’ in 2015 and pride themselves on running an ethical business.
- The beer will come from a company called "Toast" make award-winning beer brewed with fresh surplus bread. All the profits they make go to to Feedback who aim to end food waste. There will be a representitive there to tell us more about it.
- Event Ends.
*BW=26 Bedford Way, CH=Chandler House, ICN=Alexandra House; **alcoholic and non-alcoholic options will be available
Everyone is welcome - so come and get involved!