PALS GREEN DAY 2019 | THURSDAY 14 MARCH | #PALSGREEN19
We have a jam-packed programme of events across our various PALS sites (Bedford Way, Chandler House, Alexandra House, Torrington Place and Gower Street) including the infamous green feet, seed-planting, sustainability talks, green-themed films, vegetarian food, vegan wine tasting... and loads more!
Here is the itinerary for the day:
THURS 14 MARCH
- Walk on the Famous Green Feet.
- Green Wheel of Fortune (BW).* Spin the wheel to decide your sustainability pledge.
- Seed planting (BW, CH, ICN).* People are invited to use recycled plastic (e.g. yoghurt pots, plastic cups etc) to grow seeds that will blossom into gigantic office plants! We'd love you to keep us informed with your growing on social media so we can see who grows PALS's hottest chilli, largest sunflower and the beaniest bean throughout the year!
- Veggie food served in BW cafeteria (all day).
- Watch green-themed films and talks (3rd floor BW common room).
- Visit Sabine’s recycling stall (3rd floor BW common room). Test your recycling knowledge in a short quiz and learn more about what we found in PALS bins in a large study last year. Plus: some surprising facts on what can and can’t be recycled at UCL and tips for what you can do to reduce waste!
- Talk on sustainability by Luke Jackson - a climate science researcher from Nuffield College in Oxford (ICN Room B01; to attend please register with firstname.lastname@example.org before the event). Luke will talk about the work he’s been doing researching the impact of climate change on sea levels and suggest ways we can get involved with the practical solutions that exist and work towards lowering our carbon footprint.
- Vegan wine/beer** tasting (3rd floor BW common room). The vegan wine is from an organic wine company called Vintage Roots who won ‘Green Retailer of the Year’ in 2015 and pride themselves on running an ethical business. The beer will come from a company called "Toast" make award-winning beer brewed with fresh surplus bread. All the profits they make go to to Feedback who aim to end food waste. There will be a representitive there to tell us more about it.
- Launch of the UCL PALS Foodcam
1800 Event Ends.
*BW=26 Bedford Way, CH=Chandler House, ICN=Alexandra House; **alcoholic and non-alcoholic options will be available
Everyone is welcome - so come and get involved!