Upcoming Conference Presentations
31 August 2016
- Nathan Klinedinst, Yasuatada Sudo, Wataru Uegaki and Patrick Elliott at NELS 47, UMass Amherst, 14-16 October
'Predicates of relevance and theories of question embedding'
- Patrick Elliott at LAGB Annual meeting, York, September 6-9
'Cumulative readings beyond nominals' (with Andrea Nicolae- ZAS)
'NPI licensing in peripheral modifiers' (with Gary Thomas- University of Glasgow)
- Patrick Elliott at Sinn und Bedeutung 21, Edinburgh, September 4-6
'Explaining explain: embedded declaratives as modifiers'
- A number of researchers from the Linguistics department will be presenting their work at the Architectures and Mechanisms for Language Processing (AMLaP) conference in Bilbao, Spain, on September 1-3, 2016.
· “Eye-tracking evidence for active gap-filling regardless of dependency length” by Yangzi Zhou (former MA Linguistics student), Rosanna Todd (former BA Linguistics student) & Wing-Yee Chow
· “Cooperation and Quantity Implicatures” by Giulio Dulcinati & Nausicaa Pouscoulous
· “Through the eyes of a teenager: Real-time
Theory of Mind inferences in language comprehension” by Irene Symeonidou,
Heather J. Ferguson, Iroise Dumontheil, Wing Yee Chow & Richard Breheny
· “What would a compositional hearer do? -
controlling for prior expectations in visual world timecourse studies” by Chao
Sun & Richard Breheny
Please see the conference website for further information.