Moonshot Launchpad: an innovation programme for engineering, science and tech startups
20 October 2016
The UCL Entrepreneurs Society is launching Moonshot Launchpad, an innovation programme for engineering, science and tech startups. It encompasses a comprehensive 12-week pre-accelerator in the areas of energy, healthcare and FinTech, filled with opportunities to learn new skills, build networks and make your idea a reality.
You will benefit from a series of ‘Idea Surgeries’, workshops where you can learn the essentials of building, validating and marketing your idea, hosted at fantastic locations like IdeaLondon and Wayra. You will also receive mentorship from business advisors and technical gurus to an unparalleled degree of intimacy.
At the end of the programme, you will pitch to a sector-focused panel of judges, receiving exposure to industry leaders and a chance to win the following:
- Winners receive dedicated services from companies such as MedCity, KPMG Tech Growth, Global App Testing, Rapid Product Development Ltd, MedTech Engine, and more!
- Advisory from industry leaders and experts in the field, such as Ashley George (Global Innovation Director of GSK).
- An opportunity to pitch at the UCLe Fund, where you will get exposure to top investors and have the chance to receive grant funding!
- Now: applications open
- 17 November: kick-off event for participants
- November–February: full programme (‘Idea Surgeries’, insight events, café talks and more)
- Week of 6 February: final judging round
- Week of 20 February: UCLe Fund
We accept ideas/startups in the energy field, with a special focus on:
- Energy data, modelling, control and smart metering
- Connected homes and internet of things
- Decentralised and off-grid energy
- Electric transport and storage
- Renewables generation and efficiency
We accept ideas/startups in the healthcare field, with a special focus on:
- Mobile diagnostics
- Predictive analytics
- Remote monitoring
- Medical compliance
- Personalised medicine
- Disease treatment and ongoing management
- Improvement in early diagnostic rates in key areas such as Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease/dementia, cancer, heart disease, regenerative medicine and nanobiotechnology
We accept ideas/startups in the FinTech field, with a special focus on the following:
- Digital retail banking
- Machine Learning
- Cloud technology and services
- API economy
- Cyber security
- Distributed Ledger